Author Topic: Loading bay again.  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Loading bay again.
« on: 31 August, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
A nice young lady by the name of Lauren will be registering later. She got caught out on the "loading bay" at Broadway and Arnsberg Way earlier on. When I say loading bay, I mean the one that was paved over some time ago and never repainted. I'll stick up some more details later but I told her to come on here and learn a few things.

:dancing:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Loading bay again.
« Reply #1 on: 31 August, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
Surely even the numpties at Bexley Council can't seriously be attempting to enforce a bay when the 'signs and lines' are incorrect?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Loading bay again.
« Reply #2 on: 31 August, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »
It's the same old chestnut DD. The legality is of no concern whatsoever. They principally rely on ignorance of legislation and threats of paying double if you protest. I believe the number of paid tickets justify the action. Now pay up like a good little serf. Here's my full report;

Thank f :o ck that day’s over. Mrs. Hoosami has kept me rather busy today. I spotted the car pictured below in the, ahem, “loading bay” with a couple of weasels hovering so I loitered with the intent of helping the owner. The lady just came round the corner, she was in a wheelchair and was being pushed by her driver. At this point, the weasels had not begun preparing the ticket as one of them was busy taking photographs of the car. He was the one to the left of shot 2. The lady was visibly distressed so the second weasel (to the right of shot two) thought the best course of action was to keep her occupied while his trainee began preparing the PCN. Have they no knowledge of the secretary of state’s guidance? Apparently not as neither of them were in a proper uniform. I explained the situation about the markings to the lady and her driver and advised them to register and come on here later. I’d initially go with TSRGD and not having regard to the guidance. I understand peperami had issue with Bexley’s PCN wording a while ago. Does anyone know if this is still defective?

>:(
« Last Edit: 31 August, 2012, 07:37:58 PM by Ewan Hoosami »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player