Author Topic: Twitter ye not.  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Twitter ye not.
« on: 20 July, 2013, 08:02:38 AM »
The Mob's twitter feed is always worth a look.

https://twitter.com/NoToMob

One of us likes asking the BPA Ltd awkward questions they can't answer and then re-tweeting some of the mind numbing dross that BPA Ltd twits on it's own page. I did mean twits by the way. Ltd is an abbreviation of limited which seems apt as they are limited in more ways than one. They seem to have trouble spelling words like 'Thye' and 'moritists.' Being the public face of the Traffic Taliban (they don't like being called the parking industry anymore) you'd think they would hire someone to help them with poof reading.

edit: I mis-spelt their mis-spelling. D'oh!
« Last Edit: 20 July, 2013, 08:07:07 AM by Ewan Hoosami »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Twitter ye not.
« Reply #1 on: 20 July, 2013, 12:34:02 PM »
I always thought that the "Traffic Taliban" was North Wales Police when Brunstrom was their Chief Constable!

So what are the BPA Ltd calling themselves if they're no longer "the Parking Industry"?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 20 July, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »
Yes, the 'Taliban' was Brunstrom's lot. He's the bell end that issued fixed penalties to all the WRC drivers because part of the shakedown stage was on a public road. What a Cuntstable. BE did tell me recently their new name but I forgot. It might be 'parking sector' now or some similar old bollocks. In other news it seems Manchester council have been very lucky.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/sacked-traffic-warden-court-using-4698544

".........in a little over two years issued 2,550 parking tickets, though there is nothing to suggest that any of the other tickets were wrongly issued."  :bashy:  :bashy:  :bashy:

Crikey! What's the chances of that then? I wonder what Trickus would say if he wasn't so quiet.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #3 on: 20 July, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »
According TO BPA Ltd's Kelvin the "Industry" should now be referred to as the "Parking Profession". Nice try Kelvin, but the dictionary definition of "profession" is a vocation requiring knowledge of some department of learning or science.

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 20 July, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »
And anyway there are defaming other professionals that hang around street and carparks.
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 20 July, 2013, 11:56:24 PM »
Academic qualifications. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #6 on: 21 July, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
So what are the BPA Ltd calling themselves if they're no longer "the Parking Industry"?

S'funny. Version 3 of the Code of Practice makes Kelvin Reynolds look a bit stoopid. ??? ??? ??? What's the betting version 4 sees the word "industry" replaced with "profession".

It's got me wondering why they are backtracking over this term and trying to resile from the fact they happily referred to themselves as an industry until only recently?

Could it be because in a documentary which went out in January, someone mentioned the fact that this particular "industry" produces nothing but human misery?  :idea:

2.6 By creating the Code the parking industry has set out the minimum standards by which you will be judged by anyone coming into professional contact with you. Members of the public should be able to expect that you will keep to the law, and act in a professional, reasonable and diligent way.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/12_AOS_CoP_June_2013_update.pdf

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 21 July, 2013, 11:48:40 AM »
Could it be because the term "industry" implies making a profit, something which (as we know) the BPA is very keen to distance itself from?
« Last Edit: 21 July, 2013, 11:51:36 AM by DastardlyDick »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 21 July, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
Ninety something percent of tickets yield fifty or so quid each. Each of these weasels,

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/Approved-Operators

pays a skim from this table,

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/BPA/fees_sheet_2013.pdf

and then another skim from this table,

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_FEE_STRUCTURE_2013-14_.pdf

So far, no one has made a single bean. Supposedly they have all made a loss as there is no profit in parking enforcement.

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 21 July, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »
It will be interesting to see what the level of "professional standards" these parking professionals will have to adhere to.

The standards of conduct of most professional bodies are quite explicit with regards to "lying through your back teeth to screw a few quid out of the unsuspecting", and the like.
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 23 July, 2013, 08:33:36 PM »
Trickus and the gang have finally broke their silence. It seems they were busy conducting an investigation. 

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player