Author Topic: court summons  (Read 4239 times)

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
court summons
« on: 12 July, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »
Hi
A mates mother has been summonsed to Northampton court by parking eye, I'm not sure about the full circumstances yet meeting them later today to find out more.It concerns a ticket issued in Borehamwood  shopping centre. I can't find where I read about court cases being heard at Northampton can  anyone help what she should do...
Cheers Jonesy 

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: court summons
« Reply #1 on: 12 July, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
Get the full story when you meet her, Jonesy. Any defence will be wholly dependant on whether or not she has interacted with the weasels and if so, what those interactions were. Hopefully she still has all the paperwork. Copy it or get it if she has. If she hasn't, grill her for her best recollection of events.

edit: There was only a brief mention about Northampton in the 'Parking Ike Hunts' thread.

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,2841.0.html

« Last Edit: 12 July, 2013, 01:58:07 PM by Ewan Hoosami »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 12 July, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
Also have a look on Pepipoo

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

She should acknowledge the claim, ask for extra time and to have the case transferred to her local court.  She should also contact the retailers on the retail park concerned and ask for their opinion a claim being issued against her.

The consensus is that Parking Spy will drop any case where a decent defence is put up.

I'm sure Parking Spy have made plenty of mistakes in her case, not to mention the whole legal basis of their case is highly dubious

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #3 on: 12 July, 2013, 04:04:42 PM »
Whatever happens Jonesy she MUST put a defence in, otherwise she will get a default judgment against her and will probably appear as one of Brown Eye's successful cases in the County Court.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 12 July, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »
If it is the Boulevard Borehamwood it is a free car park for 3 hours, with no facilities to pay for extra time!
So where is the loss?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 19 July, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »
Isn't "Northampton Court" also the place where the little back-office is situated that rubber stamps councils' Bailiff harassment activities?

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 19 July, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »

Isn't "Northampton Court" also the place where the little back-office is situated that rubber stamps councils' Bailiff harassment activities?

Yes

Offline Parking Prankster

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 24 July, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »
ParkingEye are now confident enough to carry on to court whatever the defence. it is important to file a defence and also follow the correct protocols otherwise they will try and sting you for as much costs as the judge will let them get away with

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #8 on: 25 July, 2013, 11:56:19 AM »
Hello Prankster and welcome. I am a great admirer of your work and feel privileged that you have joined our merry band.

Please feel free to post any advices/comments as you see fit. I am sure it will be most welcome.

In the meantime all I can say is "Happy parking". ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player