Author Topic: Parking Prankster  (Read 43807 times)

Offline BGB

• Follower
Re: Parking Prankster
« Reply #75 on: 21 April, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
Ewan's interesting facts

The parking industry tells around 1.8 million lies per year.

Between 2% and 5% of these are concocted by Patrick Trouser-fire. (His real name, even the name 'Troy' is a lie.)

Lies can be measured on the Kelvin scale. This is where an absolute whopper can be slipped in at room temperature.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

Adolf Hitler

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #76 on: 21 April, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
How the f*** did the crooks at Parking Eye get their £27 (+VAT) Fee enforced against the Motorist?

Not enforced nor part of any judgement. Basically, if you have a cast iron case that the wea$el has no chance of winning whatsoever then they might, out of the kindness of their hearts, cancel the action as a gesture of goodwill but only if you pay the POPLA fee. This would happen if you weren't sufficiently up on appeal grounds and put in a good mitigating case to POPLA but didn't mention GPEOL. POPLA would then shaft you even though GPEOL is well and truly out of the bag now but you didn't know about it at the time. You then find the Prankster's resources and craft an excellent court defence. This is when you'll receive their kind 'offer.'

You could of course report this serious breach of code of practice to the Bullshit Purveyors Association.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/is-bpa-fit-to-retain-ata-status.html

Don't hold your breath though. Patrick Troy is more than happy to let convicted criminals access your details so a breach of BPA rules won't make his moral compass twitch too much.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Notorious-clamper-Peter-Del-Grosso-Hull-boss-new/story-18076684-detail/story.html
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #77 on: 29 April, 2014, 10:42:19 AM »
The Parking Prankster's advice to anyone who is being taken to court by a PPC is, as usual, spot on.

And if you follow his other advice on how to challenge a ticket at Popla, (challenge the contract and ask for a GPEOL to be produced) you are guaranteed a win.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/getting-your-case-referred-to-popla.html

Bravo Pranky! :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #78 on: 29 April, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »
I'm doing a couple at the moment. One of the grounds is the right to issue sPeCulative iNvoices which I am quietly confident may be successful.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #79 on: 09 May, 2014, 10:05:30 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone knows a decent ambulance chaser. Hill Dickinson are responsible for three of my ribs becoming dislocated.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/hill-dickinson-try-and-gag-prankster.html

"Our client is a professional company which is recognised as a market leader for customer care and strives to improve all aspects of it's business for it's customers and motorists."

:pmsl:      :rotfl:                              

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #80 on: 10 May, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »
There is no loss if you overstay in a free car park.

"If you give me your coffee mug as a gift, and it then cracked five minutes later, I couldn’t sue you." (Judge Jones)

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/parkingeye-lose-in-court-no-contract-in.html

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #81 on: 13 May, 2014, 12:05:54 PM »
ParkingEye's days (and those of their contemporaries) must surely be numbered. The judges are catching on to the con. ;)

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/fax-elf-stays-two-more-cases-prankster.html

"There was another document filed, on PE headed paper, which appeared to relate to a continuation of a contract. However, the same comments applied to this, namely that it was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard." :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/parkingeye-ignore-judges-directions-for.html

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Parking Prankster - ParkingEye Ltd -v- Beavis & Wardley
« Reply #82 on: 05 June, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »
Below is the Prankster's excellent guide on how to combat the judgment of HHJ Maloney pronounced in Cambridge in the case of ParkingEye Ltd -v- Beavis & Wardley. I will also put this in the "Useful Posts and Stickies" section for ease of reference.

Judgment also attached.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/arguments-to-use-if-parkingeye-try-and.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #83 on: 06 July, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »
The Prankster strikes again.

The Prankster helped Mr X with his defence, pointing out the miss-spellings in the signage, and also that according to the terms and conditions the only people allowed to park in the entire car park are disabled drivers parking in a disabled bay with a badge showing. Non-disabled motorists are not allowed to park at all, anywhere in the car park.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ukcps-claim-dismissed-judge-rules.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #84 on: 08 August, 2014, 03:26:44 PM »
Gotta love Pranky. There are photos in his blog here:  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/lidl-charge-customers-for-lidls-own.html but I have managed to copy and paste the text below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lidl charge customers for Lidl's own tardiness

Lidl have found an interesting way to boost profits. It is a recognised fact of life that shoppers may have to queue longer at budget supermarkets; that is one of the accepted trade offs. What is not acceptable however is the fact that Lidl is then raking it in from charges due to overstays.

At one time Lidl contracted one of the larger parking companies to manage their car parks. However, once they learned how much money was being made by the company for overstays, they sacked the company and brought the operation in-house.

They switched to one of the tiny companies, Athena ANPR and just paid them a management fee to operate the car park. The charges for overstays now went to Lidl. It is now possible that in some of the smaller stores, the amount Lidl is raking in for parking is a significant part of the store's profits.

Not content even with this, Lidl have hit on a new wheeze to extract the maximum amount of cash from their own customers. Car parking is now only free for 10 minutes. After that, the customers must be validated at the till for 60 minutes of free parking.

Now customers spending 50 minutes shopping are faced with an unsolvable dilemma if there are queues at the checkout. They cannot just leave, because they have exceeded their 10 minutes free parking. They cannot get out before the 60 minutes because the queues are too large.

The Prankster congratulates Lidl on finding a creative way to add £90 to their customer's shopping bill.

Customers getting a ticket in these circumstances should contact the store manager as well as Athena to get the ticket cancelled. Do not accept any excuses from the store manager. Make him/her well aware that Lidl keep the parking charges and that Athena are only an agent collecting them on their behalf. The Prankster believes that the actual amount kept by Athena is as low as £6-£7 per ticket and the rest is trousered by the supermarket.

It is ironic that Lidl try to justify their actions by pretending they are on the side of the shopper, as reported in the Daily Mail.

A spokesman at the store said ‘previous misuse of the car park’ had meant customers not always being able to park, adding: ‘The vast majority of our customers are pleased with the implementation of these systems as … they are now able to access parking spaces when carrying out their shopping.’

Really of course, they are using the charges to secretly rake it in.

The Prankster is unaware of any customer surveys Lidl has carried out to determine whether 'the vast majority of our customers' are really happy. He suspect the spokesman was talking out of his bottom.

Happy Parking

The Parking Prankster
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #85 on: 08 August, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
Have they also stolen a catchphrase from on of their competitors?

"Every Lidl helps'

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #86 on: 19 August, 2014, 11:30:43 PM »

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #87 on: 20 August, 2014, 10:07:57 AM »
Just to show how stupid and indiscriminate these ANPR systems are, Lidl's in Morden are currently having a bakery added to the store - the work is done at night when the store is closed - the contractors are getting Invoices from Athena every day they work there! It would also appear that it is their standard practice to use the Infra Red images on the Invoices - presumably so that it is impossible to tell if the pictures are of the front/rear of the vehicle.

To be fair to Lidl, they do have a problem with overstayers in this Car Park, as it is just across the road from Morden tube station.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #88 on: 02 September, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Especially pictures like the one I shamelessly plagiarised from Pranky's blog.    <Biglaugh>

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #89 on: 03 November, 2014, 11:16:01 AM »
And the BPA Ltd wonder why their members get such a hiding in the press.  <bashy2> :bashy: <bashy2> :bashy: <bashy2> :bashy:

------------------------------------------------------

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/parkingeye-sue-parent-of-seriously-ill.html

Monday, 3 November 2014
ParkingEye sue parent of seriously ill child

ParkingEye have commenced action against the parent of a seriously ill child. As if the family do not have enough to worry about, they are being pursued for a substantial amount by the heartless money grabbers at ParkingEye.

In this latest case, the child was diagnosed with a serious illness and was undergoing treatment. However, she can become unwell quickly and require emergency help. On the day in question this happened and she was rushed to hospital on the advice of her doctor. The driver remained with the child throughout as she was distressed and was unaware that the parking rules had been transgressed until a postal notice was sent.

The hospital in question was Queens Hospital, Burton on Trent. This hospital has been previously reported as having misleading and confusing signage, plus a complex parking system designed to maximise income from transgressions.

ParkingEye do not get paid to manage the site and their only income comes from motorists who inadvertently break the rules. To their credit and the delight of their investors, ParkingEye have managed to devise a wonderfully complicated scheme which is very easy to fall foul of and which allows them to trouser huge amounts of cash from vulnerable people. Although the system is unfit for purpose, and directly against government directives, the hospital have so far refused to replace the system with one which is fair to both the hospital and the motorist.

The action was taken by the head of their legal services, Rachel Ledson, There have been a number of complaints to the Solicitor Regulator Association about Ms Ledson regarding her predatory tactics, She has been known to provide false information to the courts and incorrectly redact information in her quest to win at all costs. In addition, she often tries to mislead the court that documents cannot be provided as they are 'commercially sensitive' when they have already been made available elsewhere through Freedom of Information requests.

Happy Parking

The Parking Prankster

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player