Author Topic: New scam by Chelmsford council  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
New scam by Chelmsford council
« on: 23 April, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »
Email received through our seen@notomob address

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Thought you'd like to know about a nasty technique in Chelmsford. I got a PCNt for not displaying a parking ticket - in fact I have a permit but that's another story (and I'm appealing).

Instead of putting the PCN into a plastic envelope and fixing to the windscreen or under the wiper blade, the CEO tucked it down the space between the windscreen and bonnet (Ford Kuga, gap is a bout 2"). I found it 3 weeks later when filling the water windscreen wash.

This delay means I'm outside their 14 day discount period.

I've appealled the PCN as I have a permit, and also asked Chelmsford City Council to extend the discount period as the PCN was effectively hidden.

Thoughtyou might want to alert your members that not all PCNs are in a clear, visable position

Regards

xxxxxxx

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
Re: New scam by Chelmsford council
« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2014, 10:45:49 PM »
Just a thought, don't CEOs take photos of the ticket on the windscreen as part of their evidence package?
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: New scam by Chelmsford council
« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2014, 11:24:39 AM »
Ideally they should if the enforcement was carried out honestly. We had a wedding photographer came on here a while back where she had footway parked in a place where it is allowed but the weasel was happily booking cars anyway. She went out when he hadn't even begun falsifying evidence concerning her car but had taken one single photograph of it. He said if she moved she would be OK, which she did, and then she received a 'phantom ticket.' The council rejected her representations, surprise surprise and their 'evidence' was the one single shot of the car with no ticket visible.

There have also been numerous cases where the weasel has affixed a PCN envelope to the windscreen, taken a photo and then promptly removed it so as to ambush the driver a month later. Bless their little cotton socks.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player