Author Topic: Fantastic day filming with Smithsonian Documentary Channel  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Darcus

• Follower
Fantastic day filming with Smithsonian Documentary Channel
« on: 21 July, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »
Despite a low turnout due to heavy weather conditions for some members, a long but immensely enjoyable day was spent with the documentary makers, who also thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Great footage from Walthamstow to Wembley, where we caught a $camera car on the run until it finally gave up and scurried back to its hole. A quick break for bacon sarnies and complimentary Jamaican chicken from a generous cafe owner,  then off to Wembley, where the crew were amazed at the public support as we highlighted dodgy fixed cameras. They garnered plenty of eager vox pop interviews from the public in Wembley before we headed off to town, stopping off for a leisurely break in Mayfair as camera batteries were recharged.

With about a dozen circuits of Parliament Square, for some iconic location shots, I'm sure many tourists went home believing that 'V for Vendetta' was actually a documentary, as they stood amazed, and in some cases actually stopped taking their tourist photos of the Houses of Parliament to grab their own shots of us patrolling the area. The support, calls of encouragement and smiles thrown our way throughout were brilliant.

A wonderful day, that finally ended at 8pm, just in time to dodge the oncoming downpour.

Many thanks to Jonesy and Bald Eagle for a memorable day, and of course to the doc makers.

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Fantastic day filming with Smithsonian Documentary Channel
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2014, 11:11:31 AM »
The highlight for me was when we were $chunting a static camera on Wembley High Street, and a $car turned up and indicated to turn into the road where it normally plots up to issue a few tickets. The moment the driver saw us the indicator went off and he shot off down the High Street like a scalded rabbit.

Classic! :pmsl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline jonesy

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2014, 09:28:42 PM »
I echo what Darcus and BE said, for me it was even better as it has been ages since my last $hunt. I picked up Darcus from Blackhorse road tube and went to the RV point meet with the film crew and felt a little deflated that I was the only one there. However that soon changed when off we went in search of a scar. :dancing: The usual haunts were checked and then all of sudden one pulled out TALLY HO CHAPS was the cry as off it went straight back to the rat hole :rotfl:. Oh and  when will they learn we are very wise to all of the tricks and at least one of the bikes following will be able to stay  in contact so you might as give up trying to lose a $hunter. W:T:F:
 At the static camera in Wembley we had loads of support :aplude: but there was chap who did have a rant about the high way code and not seeing the signs, <_> but as you are probably aware why would anyone chose to turn right and knowingly pay £130 quid for the privilege so there must be something wrong with the signage as I personally managed to stop a law abiding citizen form getting stung for said amount. :aplude: :aplude: A warm glow was the result which in truth I didn't need as it was now sweltering. 8) Unfortunately I had to leave prior to the run to town but my ride home was very pleasurable and felt great having  had a  $hunting fix :party:   

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2014, 11:52:46 PM »
Will this be on Freeview?

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #4 on: 23 July, 2014, 08:46:41 AM »
Will this be on Freeview?

No - it's an American channel. But some programmes are available via an i-Pad, i-Phone or Android app.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #5 on: 23 July, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »
The Americans have always had a thing for bald eagles.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #6 on: 23 July, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »
It is supposed to go out early next year. Will keep you posted.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 23 July, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »
Thanks for the report guys - sounds like a cracking day and I'm sorry I couldn't make it.
Well done all :aplude:  :aplude:  :aplude:
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 23 July, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »
Thanks for the report guys - sounds like a cracking day and I'm sorry I couldn't make it.
Well done all :aplude:  :aplude:  :aplude:

Ditto
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player