Author Topic: Taunton parking bays.  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Taunton parking bays.
« on: 17 August, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
Whilst working in Taunton I noticed it is impossible to park within these bays without being outside the bay! This is a Ford Mondeo not a Hummer! 
II wonder if they milk the unsuspecting drivers.   <_>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Taunton parking bays.
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »
……………….I wonder if they milk the unsuspecting drivers.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
Well said Ewan  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »
I think most Council parking boxes are like that mostly because the measurements laid down in regulations were drawn up when we all drove around in Austin 7's. With all the various passive safety features installed on modern cars - side impact bars, crumple zones etc - and, dare I say it, we are all a lot bigger than we used to be they have to be.
Having said that, you should still be able to get all the wheels into the space, which is what counts as far as parking contraventions go, or did some wea$el manage to nab you?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »
Youngest useless object seems to have taken an interest in the wonderful world of parking. He went to assist a couple of young ladies yesterday who had been given a council PCN. They followed BPA Ltd advice, didn't park where they shouldn't and paid when they should. Our local weasels are very similar to the NoToMob in that they know the BPA Ltd are full of horse shit, so issued a ticket anyway. Junior phoned me so I told him to get plenty of pictures and give the victims our contact details. He took the pictures but then confronted the wea$el to tell him there was a paid voucher on display. The wea$el then told him he had not seen the voucher and pretended to contact the wea$el's nest. He then assured Junior that the ticket had been cancelled and everyone went on their way without contact details being exchanged! Bless him, he still has a bit to learn.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »
Much to learn has Padawan so he has. <thinking>

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 18 August, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
I think most Council parking boxes are like that mostly because the measurements laid down in regulations were drawn up when we all drove around in Austin 7's. With all the various passive safety features installed on modern cars - side impact bars, crumple zones etc - and, dare I say it, we are all a lot bigger than we used to be they have to be.
Having said that, you should still be able to get all the wheels into the space, which is what counts as far as parking contraventions go, or did some wea$el manage to nab you?

No not ticketed DD I was very surprised to find such narrow bays, my nearside wheels are hard against the kerb whilst my offside wheels are overhanging the bay by quite a bit.  If I were in Barnet or WCC that would be "game on"  for the weasels.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 18 August, 2014, 09:38:42 PM »
I think you were just lucky to escape the locate weasels Pat. A quick web search revealed this little gem,

http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/10468077.Taunton_Deane_drivers_rack_up___400_000_of_parking_fines_in_just_one_year/

<Pirateship>

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #8 on: 18 August, 2014, 10:59:57 PM »
I think you were just lucky to escape the locate weasels Pat. A quick web search revealed this little gem,

http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/10468077.Taunton_Deane_drivers_rack_up___400_000_of_parking_fines_in_just_one_year/

<Pirateship>

The CEO'S in Minehead that I have encountered have been very helpful and pleasant to talk to.  And dare I say quite approachable without dropping any one in it I hope.  I  have no idea what the Taunton  ones are like,  although from what you have found it would seem targets may be involved!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 18 August, 2014, 11:50:48 PM »
Here's another old story but it does give you an insight into the mindset of your average council weasel (don't be distracted by the Leopard, his spots will never change),

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Wardens-advised-issue-illegal-tickets/story-11718962-detail/story.html

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player