Author Topic: DfT Minister warns councils not to use parking law designed for private land  (Read 16203 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Why are the BPA Ltd trying to fix something that wasn't broke?

Local authority car parks had perfectly enforceable TMOs in place, and their CEOs could regularly patrol and dish out tickets to overstayers/non payers etc. So what would induce them to revoke the TMO and install ANPR? <thinking>

:idea: Could it be that unmanned, unlicensed ANPR cameras have been proven to automatically produce and process parking charge notices at a fraction of the cost, thereby generating lots of lovely additional revenue?

Cynical? <_>    Moi? <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Surely the sucess of (amongst others) Parking Prankster against ANPR operation would dissuade Councils from considering it?

I wonder if the person who tipped Mr Goodwill off would be kind enough to advise them?
« Last Edit: 20 October, 2014, 07:06:54 PM by DastardlyDick »

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower

What do you mean the games up!!
Who rumbled us?
Now what we gonna Fecking do? <Mutley>

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
One simple example of how ANPR can benefit users is that disabled drivers can reserve spaces in car parks which operate ANPR in advance and the operator can ensure that, when the vehicle driven by the disabled driver enters the car park, their vehicle registration plate is recognised and they are authorised to park without paying or can used a space reserved for them.

So how's this going to work Choccy?

The car park is now monitored remotely by ANPR i.e. nobody present on site to make the disabled space reservation and, more importantly, prevent a selfish bar steward from parking in the "reserved" disabled space. Equally, what happens if a genuine blue badge holder arrives before the reservee and legitimately parks in the "reserved" space? To misquote Ron Moody in "Oliver" - "I think he'd better think it out again"!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Quote from: Tricky Trouser-Fire
"……………...ANPR provides significant opportunities for all car park operators…………"

Do you know what he's talking about Pranky?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/parkingeye-confirm-they-issue-23rds-of.html

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
One simple example of how ANPR can benefit users is that disabled drivers can reserve spaces in car parks which operate ANPR in advance and the operator can ensure that, when the vehicle driven by the disabled driver enters the car park, their vehicle registration plate is recognised and they are authorised to park without paying or can used a space reserved for them.

So how's this going to work Choccy?

The car park is now monitored remotely by ANPR i.e. nobody present on site to make the disabled space reservation and, more importantly, prevent a selfish bar steward from parking in the "reserved" disabled space. Equally, what happens if a genuine blue badge holder arrives before the reservee and legitimately parks in the "reserved" space? To misquote Ron Moody in "Oliver" - "I think he'd better think it out again"!

Exactly! That's why I would like Mr "choccy" Troy to give us and the Government an example of a car park in the UK where this actually happens.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player