Author Topic: Poole school parking fines (issued by $camera car) written off  (Read 1516 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Poole school parking fines (issued by $camera car) written off
« on: 13 December, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »
Poole school parking fines written off

5 December 2013 Last updated at 14:58 GMT

See link for video report

A Dorset woman has successfully appealed against parking fines amounting to more than £200.

Jo Green, from Parkstone in Poole, was issued with three separate penalty charges within six days - all picked up by CCTV camera cars.

Her appeals were accepted on the grounds there were no signs to warn motorists not to park outside Baden Powell School near her home.

She also successfully argued that there was a lack of evidence showing the cars were working to approved guidelines.

Katy Austen reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-25234522

Can someone please tell me why (according to the video report) Poole council will be consulting with the BPA Ltd on an issue that has feck all to do with them?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Poole school parking fines (issued by $camera car) written off
« Reply #1 on: 13 December, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »
Quote from: Katy Austen, BBC News
"We have spoken to the Borough of Poole and they say this is actually the first time that the issue of no signage being up has been raised in a decision like this."

:o This illustrates how successful the numbers game has been in Poole.  <cash>

Can someone please tell me why (according to the video report) Poole council will be consulting with the BPA Ltd on an issue that has feck all to do with them?

Oh all right then, since you asked nicely. If Councils want to use their CPE powers to manage kerbspace properly and promote traffic flow then they consult the Secretary of States Statutory Guidance to Local Authorities on the Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions 2008. The Secretary of State, as many of you will know, is the recognised authority on parking.

If on the other hand, Councils want to bastardise regulations laid down by parliament and use their CPE powers to earn as much spond as possible, then they consult the Bullshit Purveyors Association. The BPA Ltd, as many of you will know, are the recognised authority on bastardising regulations and turning parking enforcement principles into a multi million pound industryprofession. Sorry, I meant to say profession. I must try to remember that they like to be seen as morally similar to the oldest profession in the world.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player