Author Topic: The Word is Spreading  (Read 2496 times)

Offline BGB

• Follower
The Word is Spreading
« on: 26 February, 2015, 12:38:01 PM »
Parking has now appeared on an aviation forum.

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/556887-having-posted-i-probably-wont-come-back-thread.html

Some comments:

"Because parking in the UK is a huge ripoff, and the 'fines' are even more of a ripoff?

As mentioned, if they wanted people to pay for the time they stay, they'd charge when you leave, like most of the pay-to-stay parking lots do here. But that would cut their income, as they wouldn't be able to collect their 'fines' when you overstay by two minutes
."

and

"If you park in a 'pay' car park you enter a 'contract' to stay a max time period for your payment. If you over-stay, the car park owner is entitled to any subsequent loss. This includes your unpaid-for parking in lost revenue (the slot you occupy might have been re-sold for a minimum period had you not overstayed), and reimbursement of reasonable costs in pursuing you for the outstanding payment.

What they cannot do is levy an obviously unreasonable demand just because you overstayed..
."

and

"When I lived in the UK:

I, being a non-layabout, have a job. At lunchtime, I drive to the high street to do some shopping. The council have 'pedestrianized' it, because foreigners do that, so it's culture and stuff. I park in the car park and walk to and from the shops, but take two minutes longer than expected. I find a fifty pound parking ticket on my car.

I never go back, nor does anyone else who gets hit with a ticket, or gets fed up with having to pay a fiver in parking just to go to the shops.

The council complain that no-one other than layabouts go to the high street any more.

Most of the shops go bust.

Alternatively, over here:

I drive to the store. I park right outside the store. I do my shopping. I get in my car. I drive back.
"

And these are pilots and other aviation professionals, not parking campaigners.
« Last Edit: 26 February, 2015, 12:39:43 PM by BGB »

Offline scalyback

• Follower
Re: The Word is Spreading
« Reply #1 on: 26 February, 2015, 05:17:12 PM »
I travel around france, switzerland, the usa, and when you see what happens in the UK as regards parking, it shows just how the majority of the British public is 'resigned' to whatever crap is thrown at them.

"Nowhere else in Europe!"

Oh the dvla will stop sending reminder, oh dear.
oh the dvla will fine us for forgetting, oh dear,
the dartford crossing no longer takes cash but fines you a ton or so if you forget to pay, yes dear, but what can we do???

GET OFF YOUR F**CKING ASSES, write to MP's and get some public feedback going. It wouldn't happen in France, or most other countries. The public would go crazy with any of these ideas, and the government would drop them faster than a hot freshly laid turd.

next time the government or some over official body mention a new 100 pound or similar fine for forgetting to lick your toes in the morning, bloody well make an outcry and write or email your mp's and the newspapers. Otherwise, they will carry on introducing new taxes and fines, while they piss themselves laughing at us.

If it wasn't for the NoToMob and other action groups, then even the small victories we do have would never had happened.

YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!

Offline Overlord

• Follower
Re: The Word is Spreading
« Reply #2 on: 26 February, 2015, 10:36:59 PM »
 <Swearyrant> Write to all your parliamentary candidates saying "I'm sick and tired of hearing reports about the outrageous so called "FINES" and "PENALTIES" that private parking companies seek to extort from motorists, who have made a small oversight, while parked in private car parks. The whole parking industry needs a big shakeup. If I vote for your party in the General Election, what do you intend to do about this scourge on society?"

Mine have been sent.
« Last Edit: 26 February, 2015, 10:57:26 PM by Overlord »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player