Author Topic: The Deregulation Bill  (Read 17233 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: The Deregulation Bill
« Reply #15 on: 29 March, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »
Aye, we did, didn't we? Don't hog all the limelight though as we did have a bit of help from our friends in Haywards Heath.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #16 on: 29 March, 2015, 03:44:36 PM »
Maybe they're counting on the De-Regulation Bill not becoming Law?

This is looking (IMHO) increasingly likely if you look at the Parliamentary timetable:-

Parliament will dissolve on 30th March, and last time I looked, the Bill was still in the Report Stage in the House of Lords, after which it has to go back to both Houses for ammendments to be approved/rejected and both House have to agree on the exact wording, after which it has to get Royal Assent. There is no set time for either the Report Stage or the ammendment stage and there is no set time between ammendments and Royal Assent. Parliament goes not sit at weekends, so there are about 40 days left.

I do hope I'm wrong about all this, especially after all the hard work that's been done, but I'll be keeping the champers on ice for the time being.

Oh ye of little faith.

Crack open that champagne Dickie boy. Job's a good 'un.

<dancingbanana> :party: :smiley-dance017: <woohoobanana> <celebration> <bigdancingbanana> <RuleBrittania> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline scalyback

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 29 March, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »
YAY!,

I could go lick a ferret!

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #18 on: 29 March, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
YAY!,

I could go lick a ferret!

But not, I hope, a weasel! :pmsl:

Offline 2b1ask1

• Follower
« Reply #19 on: 29 March, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »
Bloody good job to all concerned and Eric for getting it through within the 5 years in office! Now for the same with private land...
Willing to do my bit...

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #20 on: 29 March, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »
Superb result......... Now for the private weasels & their lackeys!   :party: :party: :party:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #21 on: 29 March, 2015, 11:33:20 PM »
Aye, we're all prepared for that bit of business Pat. We'll be attending to that straight after the NoToMob members dinner (that's just like the BPA Ltd members dinner except that it's proper value for money, really enjoyable, you won't be surrounded by supercilious pricks and the staff won't spit in your food before serving it).

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Overlord

• Follower
« Reply #22 on: 30 March, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »
It's official then? Brilliant! I imagine this will earn a good few brownie points for the Conservative party at the General Election. But snatching back the specially converted cars from the disabled will probably negate those gains. Still, congratulations to Eric Pickles for getting this through and of course to everyone concerned for all their hard work. Let's hope that whoever gets into government in May will continue along this line!
  <Yes!> <Yes!> <Yes!> :party: :party: Bye bye you greedy bastards.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #23 on: 30 March, 2015, 01:59:49 PM »
Hope you didn't mind me editing your post again. Your attachment was almost as big as Patrick Trouser-Fire's ego so could only be fully seen from the fringe of space. As for hoping the new government will continue the good work I will be surprised if they don't. Public awareness (and outrage) is now sufficiently heightened that any government would be foolish in the extreme to ignore the many issues.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #24 on: 30 March, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »
Am I missing something?

It appears that the restrictions on the use of approved devices have yet to be enacted.

As far as I can see, this will be through:

The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General ( Use of Approved Devices Amendment) Regulations 2015 which do not yet appear to have been made.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/409821/150305_Civil_Enforcement_of_Parking__England__General__Use_of_Approved_Devices_Amendment__Regulations_2015.pdf

If so then the champagne needs to be kept on ice for the time being.

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #25 on: 30 March, 2015, 02:12:57 PM »

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #26 on: 30 March, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »
And here is the legislation on the 10 min grace period.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/561/pdfs/uksi_20150561_en.pdf

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #27 on: 30 March, 2015, 03:01:30 PM »
Am I missing something?

It appears that the restrictions on the use of approved devices have yet to be enacted.

The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General ( Use of Approved Devices Amendment) Regulations 2015 which do not yet appear to have been made.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/409821/150305_Civil_Enforcement_of_Parking__England__General__Use_of_Approved_Devices_Amendment__Regulations_2015.pdf

Possibly a valid point BGB. However, a new version of the Statutory Guidance has been issued (Please see here)

The new regime is also contained in the Operational Guidance to Local Authorities. Interestingly this publication still refers to the inclusion of a tax disc number!

Offline BGB

• Follower
« Reply #28 on: 30 March, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
Am I missing something?

Possibly a valid point BGB. However, a new version of the Statutory Guidance has been issued (Please see here)

The new regime is also contained in the Operational Guidance to Local Authorities. Interestingly this publication still refers to the inclusion of a tax disc number!

Paragraph 8.7 (p18) indeed states:
"...From 1 April 2015 penalty charge notices must not [35] be served by post on the basis of evidence from an approved device other than when vehicles are parked on:
• a bus lane;
• a bus stop clearway or bus stand clearway;
• a Keep Clear zig-zag area outside schools; or
• a red route.
"

Footnote 35 (giving the legal basis for this) states:

"35 S.I. 2007/3483, as amended by The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General (Amendment) Regulations (No.2) 2015"

However, google does not find any such regulations.
« Last Edit: 30 March, 2015, 09:14:58 PM by BGB »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #29 on: 30 March, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »
No, it doesn't. It seems the amended statutory instrument has not yet been thrown onto the web. The original (which was bastardised out of all proportion, hence the Dereg Bill, weasels take note) is on the web,

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/3483/made

You'll see that the 'Latest available (Revised)' button is greyed out and not clickable. I must assume that the amendments, although in force, have not yet been updated on the web. This will probably happen real soon and hopefully before Wednesday so that all the little weasels are singing from the same song sheet. The main thing is that the Statutory and Operational Guidance is out there with all the 'shoulds' changed to 'musts', all the 'i's dotted and 't's crossed.

Meanwhile, the NoToMob's expert research team are keeping an eye on things and as soon as amendments are published they will be back with their findings.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player