Author Topic: Heartbroken widow's shock after she's told to pay dead husband's parking fine  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
Heartbroken widow's shock after she's told to pay dead husband's parking fine - or face court action

Marie Boler, 46, whose husband David died aged 53 in December last year, said: “When I said he’s dead, they said, ‘We’re ­sorry, are you calling to pay?’”

A grieving widow was threatened with court ­action to pay her dead ­husband’s parking ticket.

Marie Boler, 46, was ­astonished when a “Notice of intended court action” letter was sent to David, who was 53 and died of heart disease, for £135.

The mum of two, from Chesterfield, Derbys, sent Debt Recovery Plus the death certificate dated last December.

But last week, another demand turned up.

Mrs Boler said: “When I said he’s dead, they said, ‘We’re ­sorry, are you calling to pay?’”

Marie, who is registered disabled, thinks David was abroad when the ticket was issued in January 2013.

After being contacted by the Sunday People, the firm agreed to drop the fine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heartbroken-widows-shock-after-shes-5962221

Offline Overlord

• Follower
 <Swearyangry> <Swearyangry> <Swearyangry> <Swearyangry> "WE'RE SORRY ARE YOU CALLING TO PAY" My god, these people are filthy scum! And it takes a news paper to get them to see sense? A little more compassion wouldn't go amiss. All they're interested in is how much money they can screw out of people. Never mind the circumstances. This sort of thing really winds me up!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
……………...these people are filthy scum!……………..

You may be under selling it a little there. I often think that these bottom feeding bastards have explored the limits of depravity, then along comes another filthy weasel eager to plumb new depths.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player