Author Topic: Have I just slipped into a parallel universe?  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Have I just slipped into a parallel universe?
« on: 26 October, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »
A while ago, some of you may remember that I highlighted in Bexley's annual parking report ( http://democracy.bexley.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=27925 ) the rather incredible boast that they issue nil charge PCNs or 'warning notices.' Today, I have received an answer to my subsequent FOI asking how many. Apparently, they issued some 327 'nil charge' tickets in the last year. I wonder how many unicorns are roaming Bexley's open spaces? Discuss.

W:T:F:          
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

Re: Have I just slipped into a parallel universe?
« Reply #1 on: 27 October, 2011, 03:53:58 AM »
London Borough of Bexley
"I have a parking ticket that has no charge on it, what is this?
This is called a Warning Notice, it is a nil charge (£0.00) Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) to warn a motorist that if they continue to park in such a manner, they run the risk of a full charge PCN being issued."

"If you have received a Warning Notice, check the area where you parked to see if any of the parking signs have recently changed, check to see if your permit is still valid (if applicable) or if you are in a payment bay please check to see if the charges have recently changed. If you are still unsure, phone 020 3045 3000, please do not phone before 10am the next working day."

They issue these tickets where they have brought in new restrictions or changed something. They can then say that they have advertised the changes. It seems as if Bexley have not been very liberal with them.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Have I just slipped into a parallel universe?
« Reply #2 on: 27 October, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »
You say they issue these tickets where they have brought in new restrictions or changed something. I believe you are speaking in the theoretical sense when mentioning Bexley. I would be surprised if they had issued any at all because it is simply not in their nature to do so. Also they are well known for either lying or just fabricating figures. If you were to submit an FOI to the fire service enquiring as to how many times they had attended the civic offices to extinguish trousers which had spontaneously combusted in the last year, the figure would be considerably higher than 327.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player