Author Topic: Methinks someone needs assisting.  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Methinks someone needs assisting.
« on: 20 April, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »
Following a tip off, I thought I would have myself a nice afternoon drive through Belvedere whilst on my rounds. Going past B&Q on the Lower road by Picardy Manorway, I saw one of the elusive $camera cars right where I was told it would be. Didn't have time to stop and assist but that won't always be the case.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
Re: Methinks someone needs assisting.
« Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »
Yes the elusive $cars seem to back on the road, i cant confirm if back to normal service, but will be soon.

And Ewan, B&Q one of the quiet honey pots.
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 20 April, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 20 April, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
That's a great ruling but unfortunately the British Parking Association may overturn it.   :rotfl:

"Southend Council defended the use of the camera cars and said they would take the case to the British Parking Association."

"We are duty bound to accept the adjudicator's decision but, in this instance, we do not share his view and we are considering seeking clarification with the British Parking Association."

I have no idea what they have been smoking down there but I wouldn't mind some of it.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2012, 06:19:37 AM »
Perhaps Southend Council expect the BPA to allow them to join their Approved Operator Scheme. This would then enable them to issue private Parking Tickets that the recipients of currently have no recourse to a tribunal.   :pmsl:

« Last Edit: 21 April, 2012, 09:18:15 AM by Nigel W »

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 21 April, 2012, 06:51:05 AM »
When I challenged Ealing's use of a $camera van were CEOs on foot could easily issue PCNs they claimed that CEAs had been threatened by the public, and therefore they had to use the $car on safety grounds...

But that ruling says: "Recommendation is made that such devices are only used where enforcement is difficult, sensitive or enforcement by wardens is not practical." Nothing about safety of CEOs???

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Nigel W

« Reply #6 on: 21 April, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »
Tina Brooks Bexley's Parking Manager informed us that they had to use the $cars because a pickled gherkin from a burger had been thrown at a CEO outside McDonald's! 

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 21 April, 2012, 09:03:10 AM »
Lucky it wasn't outside the chip shop or there may have been a case of a salt.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player