Author Topic: Snooping & GPS Tracking.. I mentioned a while back...  (Read 1582 times)

Offline melville-vs-medway

• Follower
  • The new word is NO..
    • My NoToMob $camera signs
Snooping & GPS Tracking.. I mentioned a while back...
« on: 06 August, 2013, 05:03:43 AM »
Hi... I suggested a while back about a bit of covert work and tracking the $camera cars.

Have a read of this...

Putting a GPS tracking device on someone’s car to monitor their movements sounds like something out of a Hollywood film or an episode of Spooks.

But covert surveillance techniques such as these are far from the exclusive preserve of spies and police detectives.

Councils and other public bodies can use them to follow both the public and their staff if they suspect them of wrongdoing.

And their use by unregulated private eyes also falls into a very grey area of the law.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385141/Private-eyes-spy-State-Public-officials-spend-YOUR-millions-snoopers.html#ixzz2b9rfvkS4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If they can do it to us.... Why can't we save a bit fuel and do the same...  <_>
Check out my signs.. I have made a few copies and they're laminated..

http://paulsweb.hostei.com/notomob/signs/a4-printed-sign.jpg

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: Snooping & GPS Tracking.. I mentioned a while back...
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2013, 05:48:39 AM »
Couple of reasons:-

1. Trouble with GPS is that it needs to be able to "see" the satelites to determine it's position, which limits the places it can be "hidden".In that daily mail article it was attached to the victims towbar, which must have taken her all of 30 seconds to discover. Toyota IQs don't have a towbar - you can't really tow a lot with a 998cc engine - so it'd take even the thickest weasel less time than that to discover something "hidden" on the roof!

2. I suspect that one of those devices might cost a bit more than a tank full of fuel for a bike, to be permanently losing them to the Council every time you deploy them might end up being a bit expensive.

3. It's probably Illegal, since we don't have RIPA ot DPA Authorization to use them.

Offline melville-vs-medway

• Follower
  • The new word is NO..
    • My NoToMob $camera signs
Re: Snooping & GPS Tracking.. I mentioned a while back...
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
Hi DD

These trackers have moved on a long way over the last few years.
They no longer need to "See" the satellites and can be mounted under the car.
Can be controlled by Text message to switch on and off.
Batteries have a long life 7 - 10 days so plenty of opportunity to retrieve them.

And they collect so much data.. Costs.. £150 - £250
Check out my signs.. I have made a few copies and they're laminated..

http://paulsweb.hostei.com/notomob/signs/a4-printed-sign.jpg

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player