Author Topic: Royal Mail bolts metal plates over postbox after postal worker given parkingfine  (Read 1841 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
They did see one once. As soon as they had finished laughing their bollocks off they popped it in the recycle bin along with the statutory guidance.

http://www.bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/newspapers/news_shopper/2011_07_20.shtml

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Clearly both cases of (alleged) PCN targets being more important than common sense!

Offline dangerous beanz

• Follower
Makes perfect sense, I used to have the guy who ran the postbox repair/maintenance crew for SE London in my office. I reckon he used to spend about a third of his time on parking ticket appeals, despite having to negotiate road access for each job, with the flippin council. ::)))

I dread to think of how many tickets Royal Mail vans (crown vehicles)get every day
If there is a tourist season...how come we can't shoot them?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
I dread to think of how many tickets Royal Mail vans (crown vehicles)get every day

If they are collecting/delivering mail then they have an exemption from Parking Regulations. If, however, they are in the local cafe having breakfast/lunch/dinner, then they haven't.
The fact that Royal Mail cannot be bothered to even write a generic letter of appeal is of course their decision, but I strongly suspect that the CEOs in question only issue the tickets on the assumption that Royal Mail won't actually have to pay them, but it contributes to their (alleged) Target of XX PCNs per shift.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player