Author Topic: Mail just sent to Lord True.  (Read 4488 times)

Nigel W

Mail just sent to Lord True.
« on: 04 May, 2011, 08:58:30 AM »
The following mail has just been sent to Lord True. Lord True is the leader of The Council in Richmond. He is responsible for Richmond's "Humane Parking" policy:
                                           http://www.richmondinformer.co.uk/2011/01/humane-parking-wardens-take-to.html

You will see below my mail my earlier correspondence with him.

I look forward to meeting those of you who take part in the protest in Richmond to demand the return of these unlawful penalties. this is due on 18th May. Please see Richmond Ride Out Post.

Dear Cllr. Lord True,

I trust that you had a nice holiday.

You will have arrived back to see that my prophesy (below) has indeed come true (no pun intended).

I refer to wholesale unlawful enforcement by The Parking Department.

The currently deployed CCTV Mobile Enforcement vehicles having been taken off the road due to my intervention. The Council Officers involved not having even bothered to apply for the certification of these vehicles prior to their deployment. They compounded their failings by disseminating wholly false statements, using Cllr. Head, to the press regarding this debacle.

Your policy of "Humane Parking" must be conducted by lawful means only.

I trust that The council will now act humanely and offer full refunds to anyone who has been subjected to any of these unlawful penalties.

The Councils Parking department have a duty to abide by the law and set an example to anyone who they perceive (usually wrongly) to have broken the law. They have not done this and the retention of these penalties will confirm that the "Humane Parking" policy has already crashed and burned. It is also a further unlawful and immoral act to retain these penalties.

I look forward to receiving your reply. Needless to say Cllr. Head has again failed to reply to my mails to her.
                                                                                                                                                                             Yours sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Nigel Wise.

-----Original Message-----
To: userwi551@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:38
Subject: Parking enforcement

We certainly intend significant changes in parking enforcement approaches when we re-let the contract in the New Year and the policy framework will be decided by elected members, not officers.

In the interim the contract inherited from the previous administration is in force.

Nicholas True
Leader of the Council

To: cllr.ntrue
Sent: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:50
Subject: Humane Parking

Dear Cllr. True,
                      Your proposal for "Humane Parking" will fall upon deaf ears at the Parking Department. Terry Powell Head of Parking does not know the meaning of the word humane. He and his department are automations who relentlessly churn out PCNs for restrictions. They have no regard as to the legality or illegality of these restrictions.

They will simply continue to issue these unlawful PCNs and refuse to refund anyone who has fallen foul of them even after it has been agreed by the Parking Department that they were unlawful.

If you know any differently, I would be glad to hear from you. However I doubt that you will respond confirming all that I have said to be correct.

Yours Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                                Nigel Wise.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Mail just sent to Lord True.
« Reply #1 on: 04 May, 2011, 09:31:23 AM »
"I told you so."

Four words that, in this case, I'm sure you (NW) would rather not have been able to say. Maybe next time Lord (Cllr.) True will listen. Don't hold your breath though.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Nigel W

Reply from Lord True
« Reply #2 on: 04 May, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
Thank you. I am fully aware of this correspondence and others from you that I have asked to be examined independently.

I have asked for a full investigation and report to me.

In the interim I did not and do not intend to provide a fuller reply. I also need to receive appropriate legal and technical advice following the panel outcome.

I attach great importance to delivering a parking policy that recognises that parking control is a service designed to make communities more liveable and high streets vibrant and not one designed to gouge resources from an already highly taxed public.

However, proper enforcement of agreed parking policy is a part of this.

No doubt we will be in touch. As a Richmond Borough taxpayer you are entitled to equitable treatment under the law.

Nicholas True

Leader of the Council

I think he is genuine. However some of his staff at The Council most certainly disingenuous. Let us hope that he brings them to heel.

Nigel W

Neil herron on this
« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2011, 08:05:37 AM »

Offline chalky

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
Couldn't help but try and draw a comparison this morning between Richmond/WCC councils and the Lloyds TSB dilema. Lloyds have been found guilty by the FSA of mis-selling PPP with their loans and ordered to pay a rather huge fine. A caveat to the judgement is that they must "actively SEEK OUT and PAY BACK, (regardless of a claim or not, made on the policies), ALL the customers whom took out the PPP option!!".
I can only presume it is because they broke FSA rules and regulations/laws. Surely then this same application can & should be levied against the councils, as they have also taken the money bypassing/ignoring the guide lines and rules to which they are governed?
 W:T:F: W:T:F: W:T:F: W:T:F:

Nigel W

« Reply #5 on: 05 May, 2011, 10:26:33 AM »
Quote from: "chalky"
Couldn't help but try and draw a comparison this morning between Richmond/WCC councils and the Lloyds TSB dilema. Lloyds have been found guilty by the FSA of mis-selling PPP with their loans and ordered to pay a rather huge fine. A caveat to the judgement is that they must "actively SEEK OUT and PAY BACK, (regardless of a claim or not, made on the policies), ALL the customers whom took out the PPP option!!".
I can only presume it is because they broke FSA rules and regulations/laws. Surely then this same application can & should be levied against the councils, as they have also taken the money bypassing/ignoring the guide lines and rules to which they are governed?
 W:T:F: W:T:F: W:T:F: W:T:F:
Well argued Chalky. I think that you hit the nail squarely on the head. Let us hope that Lord True and the Protest by NoToMob on the 18th May at Richmond causes them to think very hard about this.