Author Topic: Helping the public  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Helping the public
« on: 19 May, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
I have just had an e-mail from somebody I met while at work who had recieved a PCN from WCC for a Bike Bay.
I told him to not to pay and challenge it using the first challenged PCN rule and sent him the details on how to do it and what to say. He is a happy bunny as it has been cancelled,  that's two PCN's sorted this week for other people. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
Re: Helping the public
« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »
Quote from: "Pat Pending"
that's two PCN's sorted this week

So £120 that WCC didn't get, plus about another £80 that it cost them to respond to the appeals...

Sounds like good business to me.

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »
Steady Pat.  You won't be able to get your lid on at this rate! :aplude: :aplude: :rotfl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »
It's a good feeling to be able to screw the LA and help someone at the same time. I have not finished with Barnet yet either, I am laying a trap for them.  :-ev-:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline javabike

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
I was thinking of fly posting cars etc in Fulham and everywhere with our handout.  But I want to say more. That is got a PCN contact us and we may be able to help we also may not - but worth a visit.  Is it possible to have a guess Category, where guess can ask questions?
My flyer should be worded correctly.
Is this a good idea??? 
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 19 May, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »
Sounds like a good idea on the face of it Java, but are there any issues with flyers and local by laws we could fall foul of?  What do others think?

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 19 May, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
Ive heard its not allowed only if the passer by wants to take a leaflet from you, but im not sure of that fact

Offline javabike

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 19 May, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
cars in this area get leafleted all the time?  Is there a law about leaving a piece of paper on a vehicle?
The trick is to ask the right question FIRST!
Eg "Got a PCN Maybe you do not have to pay! No cost to you!"
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Offline Bennage

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 20 May, 2011, 08:56:43 PM »
Having an area on here for people to post without registering is unfortunately asking for trouble.  We'd be flooded with spam in hours.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 20 May, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
Point taken Bennage I had a taste of that on Wednesday morning.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player