Author Topic: Moore End Road!  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Moore End Road!
« on: 21 October, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
I have just sent the following via feedback to Premier Inn as CoCo highlighted that a high volume of Hotel guests are being stopped by him in the afternoons at this infamous honey-pot.

This Hotel is situated on Moore End Road which has a Bus Lane restriction.
High numbers of your customers are being given fines every day due to incorrect / improper signs erected by the Local Authority.
Most people use Sat-Nav these days and this will bring them into conflict with the restrictions on this road. I understand that this is out of your control but I do feel you should put a warning on your site and perhaps on confirmations of bookings.
Unfortunately a very reasonably priced stay in this Hotel becomes very expensive with the addition of £30.00 / £60.00 fine. This will in turn impact on return visits I feel.
Regards.

Maybe an email to Whitbread corporate may be in order as well.  Maybe I can help rattle some cages at a higher level. :idea:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Moore End Road!
« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2011, 12:49:45 AM »
Good idea Pat. We could keep an eye out for hotels near all honeypots and do likewise.

:aplude:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Moore End Road!
« Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2011, 09:46:20 PM »
I have just received this back from the feedback I sent in to Premier Inns, I will also contact Whitbread Corporate as well now and hope some cage rattling will take place.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your feedback.
We have been made aware of the issues with the bus lane , we have made sure that the sat nav information is updated and where possible the guests are informed of this when they make a booking with us,
Thank you for taking the time to point this out to us,

Regards
Kim
Reception Team Leader

Hemel Hempstead Central Premier Inn
Moor End Road
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
HP1 1DL

Tel: 0871 527 8514
Fax: 0871 527 8515

-----Mairi Davie/Whitbread wrote: -----
 To: Hemelhempsteadcentral Pti/Hotels/Whitbread@Whitbread
Sent by: Mairi Davie/Whitbread
Date: 10/28/2011 02:08PM
Subject: Fw: Premier Inn Feedback | Other</blockquote>
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"