Author Topic: Bexley Council at it again !  (Read 2787 times)

Offline news shopper martin

• Follower
Bexley Council at it again !
« on: 08 October, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »
« Last Edit: 09 October, 2011, 08:04:35 AM by Monkey Girl »
$CAMERAS HIDE NOTOMOB SEEK what a great game we play we always win

Nigel W

Re: Bexley Council at it again !
« Reply #1 on: 09 October, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »
A council spokeswoman said: "Strategy 2014 sets out how the council needs to achieve the required savings of £35m."

:idea:  We don't actually have to save anything. We will just boost our income to save our worthless jobs.  :idea: We can set up a thinking department. After all most of us do very little work anyway. A little thinking won't hurt us - will it?

From the thinking department:  :idea: What we will do is start to charge people for anything and everything. We can also have a fines system in operation for people who don't comply with the thinking departments edicts.

Shopkeepers who have already had their trade severely hit by draconian parking enforcement are now to be bashed by charges levied for trying to get some of their lost custom back. The Council with their short sighted 'thinking' are shutting down businesses that they rely on for a massive revenue in Council Taxes.

All the time, the big out of town Supermarkets and Retail Parks, with their large free car parks, are rubbing their hands.

:idea: Surely we can we charge people for visiting these places as well? What about charging people for leaving their houses or even for.....thinking.

:idea: Now let's see, surely we can also start charging people wishing to attend our "Public Meetings." After we are providing comedy entertainment at these meetings.  Ohh I forgot we don't let people in - no money to be made there then.
« Last Edit: 09 October, 2011, 10:23:52 AM by Nigel W »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 09 October, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
Right at the bottom of that Newsshopper article; "This licensing scheme is one which is already in place in the majority of London Boroughs and Bexley’s fees are lower than those of neighbouring boroughs." I wonder if that was measured with the same yardstick as; "Bexley's parking fees are cheaper than neighbouring boroughs." A statement which Bonkers proved was right up there with President Clinton's; "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
As far as I'm concerned, the council are denying shopkeepers access to their premises. How can a shop get any stock delivered if the delivery vehicle get's a ticket as soon as it stops? Perhaps I'm missing the point. Customers are not allowed to park anywhere near the shop. If there are no customers, the shopkeeper doesn't need any stock ergo no need for deliveries or the need to display stock on the pavement as there are no customers. I think I see the logic now. The squeezed shopkeeper can file for bankruptcy and he or she, along with the local people they have employed can join the dole. Genius.

:bashy:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 09 October, 2011, 09:26:24 PM »
Didn't the authorities say something like "local people cant get to the shops during the olympics so they want to fine people £1000 for parking offences"
http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,1347.msg11210.html#msg11210
Bexley just want to shut the shops down, problem solved

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player