Author Topic: Media coverage  (Read 47918 times)

Offline chalky

• Follower
Re: Media coverage
« Reply #15 on: 02 February, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »
Couldn't help but notice that the wronged still have to contact the council for a refund!! W:T:F: The council have all the details, just pay up FFS.

Did the cabbies really have much of an input into this success? I thought that this was all Esinems work.

@BH, is there anyway we could get the message across about what we are doing to a wider audience of cabbies. I got a shed load of abuse from another cabbie last Wedneday, about three on the day! I fear that the old me will surface one of these days and someone driving a black cab is going to have a serious amount of claret running down their shirt!
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: 02 February, 2011, 07:17:16 PM »
@chalky. Yes agreed re the cabbies but what you need to understand is that they are an odd lot. Some (A few) are on Twitter, most are not. Some are members of UCG/RMT/LTDA etc and some are not and TBH the in fighting that goes on between them all makes Egypt look peaceful....well perhaps a tad over the top!

The RMT have blown their chests out over this victory but they have been careful not to take all the glory. Other unions have been less than polite and have tried to take all of the credit see http://theandersonshelter.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-cant-speak-cant-lie-by-thomas-taxi.html

Now it`s not our role to take sides. As I always say to the cabbies, simply NoToMob "do what we do" end of. If cabbies are still giving you grief mate, they merely need educating and their own kind will do this in time. News spreads quickly in their World.

I hope that with our new $chunting base this will be the perfect site to spread the word even more from our side of things and this will be confirmed in a few days time.

Remember, Bruce and I (Less so).... Sorry & BE too :dancing: :dancing: spent a lifetime on the Golden Goose by posting on the cabbie forums and all sorts with their own agendas read these threads. So my advice is hand Mr Angry cabbie a NTM card, smile and educate :D
« Last Edit: 02 February, 2011, 08:30:15 PM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Tom Tom Str

• Follower
« Reply #17 on: 03 February, 2011, 01:36:30 AM »
Just shows how persitance and the truth can really Win !    :dancing:    Fantastic result and Well done to everyone involved in bringing this directly to the Public's

attention...     :aplude:  :aplude:     I wonder if a penny has dropped anywhere near us ?  ;D

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #18 on: 03 February, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
Quote from: "peperami gsxr"
It still begs the question, why the F*** not just refund the money . . .

Simple - they know full well that some people will not get to know that they are refunding the unlawful PCNs, and some won't bother to apply for a refund. So they still get to keep some of their Ill-gotten gains. 

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #19 on: 03 February, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »
We need to shame them into it. Time for a mega banner outside WCC?
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 06 February, 2011, 04:22:31 PM »
Quote from: "Esinem"
We need to shame them into it. Time for a mega banner outside WCC?

Just let me know when, i will try to be there to hold it up .... With V-Mask on. ... Like the last time we "Stormed" into the public meeting

Offline Belplasca

• Follower
« Reply #21 on: 07 February, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

False pretenses or obtaining property by false pretensesa[›] is when a person obtains property by intentionally misrepresenting a past or existing fact.

So, when WCC sent out a PCN even though they had been told (by the NoToMob, amongst others) that they were in breach of the law, didn't they do this?

If so, it's theft and the police should be involved...

Bob
Blanka (my partner) has signed up on a challenge to help the Marie Curie Hospice in Hampstead.

Help her at http://www.justgivin...lanka-Rathauska

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #22 on: 17 February, 2011, 01:53:12 PM »
Ok for all you media whores out there, it is spot yourself in the photo time. Thank god your all wearing masks the public need protecting from that LOL.  :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/travel/vigilantes_hit_islington_to_protect_drivers_from_cctv_cars_1_804592

Now don't let all this attention go to your heads, but well done to everyone.  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: 17 February, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
Good work all!
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline TT

• Follower
« Reply #24 on: 17 February, 2011, 02:12:45 PM »
Are Islingtons Scameras anymore highly visible than WCC's?

“Protesters are free to do what they like as long as its safe. I emphasise the purpose of traffic enforcement is deterrence not revenue raising.”

He seemed to be being almost reasonable about the whole thing until he blatently lied in the last sentence above!

Gr8 work :)
« Last Edit: 17 February, 2011, 02:15:12 PM by TT »
Easy Rider

Offline The Editor

• Civilian
« Reply #25 on: 18 February, 2011, 10:12:43 AM »
Hello!

I saw a story in the Metro this morning and tracked down your press release. I am the news editor of Garage and MOT Professional magazine (read by the guys who keep taxis, cars, etc., on the road!) and I have run  the story on our online edition. The url is
http://www.garageandmot.co.uk/content/masked-bikers-beat-council

Keep up the good work!

Offline crabby

• Follower
« Reply #26 on: 18 February, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »
Excellent work @editor thanks!
 :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
loud exhausts save lives!!!!
    burn in hell wastemonster.....

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #27 on: 18 February, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »
That's excellent, the more people that see this sort of coverage means there is more chance of our successes filtering back to the people in power, and they just may start to think twice about taking us on.

Many many thanks Editor  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: 18 February, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »
Nice one @ the Editor :dancing:

Does anyone have a link for the Metro?
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #29 on: 18 February, 2011, 05:41:57 PM »
Has anyone actually SEEN the Metro today. We have definite confirmation that we are mentioned, but no idea what it says. And I can't find anything online either.  Can someone please find a copy, scan it in and post it up.

Media whore NEEDS INPUT! :rotfl: :rotfl:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU