Author Topic: Water proofing your Leather kit  (Read 2124 times)

Offline javabike

• Follower
Water proofing your Leather kit
« on: 16 July, 2011, 04:26:52 PM »
Since February 2008 I have been rubbing Lord Sheraton Leather Balsam (£2 to £3 per container - 100 to 200ml) into my leather Boots, jacket and gloves.
I had not rubbed any into my gloves for weeks and have not rubbed the balsam into my leather jeans at all.
My jeans and gloves leaked.  

It seems to me that water tends to flow between the stitching (it is mostly cotton)

My Jacket and Boots did not. as the boots and Jacket are protected often the seams are sealed.

In fact I have never had wet feet, this is my second pair of boots - wore out the bottoms not the top - still looks new.  I am still wearing my boots - dry and warm. Boots are Aplinestars.

I have not had much success with the gloves - after about an hour they leak if they have been protected. Today they leaked in minutes.

So try Lord Sheraton Leather Balsam costs about £2.50 or could be more as I have not bought any since last year.
I have bought 3 containers since 2008. That I think is cheap and effective protection.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Offline javabike

• Follower
Re: Water proofing your Leather kit
« Reply #1 on: 20 July, 2011, 08:35:30 PM »
The rain did show a flaw in my leather jeans. I had missed a few places with the bees wax - the other areas did not leak, so partial success.
More rubbing my jeans I guess  >:D

I do not bother with the summer gloves, just the winters.
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player