Author Topic: South London Press 19 July  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
South London Press 19 July
« on: 18 July, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
Check out tomorrow's front page of the South London Press as FPW & I will be there in all our glory with a nice little story about $camming in Southampton Way (see Southwark forum for details of the unenforceable bay). You should get the story online at http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Re: South London Press 19 July
« Reply #1 on: 19 July, 2011, 11:18:05 PM »
I see we go downgraded from the front page. Anyway, I always fancied myself on Page 3  :P   Still, Mark Blunden of the Standard has taken an interest...
« Last Edit: 19 July, 2011, 11:21:32 PM by Esinem »

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 19 July, 2011, 11:30:31 PM »
Well done mate, a few more people will get the message once they have read that.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 19 July, 2011, 11:43:51 PM »
Where are the motorists supposed to park while they read the sign, and presumably get a PCN while trying to work out if it is ok to park. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #4 on: 20 July, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
This is outrageous. Do they have special authorisation from the DfT / Secretary of State for no LOADING ONLY Legend? You need to get a PaTAS Adjudication so that people get refunds.

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 20 July, 2011, 08:54:58 AM »
Well don Esinem, great work,  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

But I cant help but wonder if this "loading bay is actually enforceable" due to the fact it is not actually there! and marked accordingly?

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 20 July, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
There have already been PATAS rulings on this type of marking. Peter Ashworth sent me chapter & verse  ;D
I have written to Cllr Hargrove accordingly.

Nigel W

« Reply #7 on: 20 July, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »
The Problem with other Adjudication Rulings is:

They do not refer to the particular restriction that is being questioned.  I had all of these Adjudications ready for a PaTAS Appeal that Richmond DNC'd at the 11th hour.

This was for a loading bay that had been incorrectly marked for 5 years. It had been claiming up to £1400 a day in penalties. The total of unlawful penalties was £500,000. Because there was no specific adjudication for the bay in question Richmond wriggled out of refunds. This was despite Richmond accepting that the markings were unlawful.

See:

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.co.uk/news/richmondnews/8343606.Council_pledges_to_review_parking_bay_signs/

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player