Author Topic: WCC extend their parking times.  (Read 3790 times)

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
WCC extend their parking times.
« on: 01 August, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
WCC have just approved their plan to extent their hours of parking to Mid night during the week and from 12-6PM on Sundays. It`s not about the money though!!!! :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: WCC extend their parking times.
« Reply #1 on: 02 August, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
Oh dear. I have the feeling that this time Wastemonster may have bitten off more than they can chew. This time it's not just one group they are pissing off, it's at least three. If the church, theatre and shopkeeper groups can get themselves properly organised, you might well see a successful challenge being mounted in the courts in my opinion.

Messing with God might well end up with the tax collectors finally being booted out of the temples.

Altogether now...

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: 02 August, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
I agree BE but news in on the wires this PM is that other LA`s are looking at following WCC. So Camden, CoL K&C, Lambeth and H&F may be next to follow suit. Hey "We are all in this together remember" W:T:F:
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Virgil

• Follower

Nigel W

« Reply #4 on: 10 August, 2011, 07:18:46 PM »
What is The Labour Chairman of Tower Hamlets council, Mizanur Rahman Chaudhury, doing being chauffeured home in a Chrysler 300c anyway?

He was not on official business. He did not need this chauffeur driven vehicle to take him home.

In times of cut-backs he should have used public transport.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 11 August, 2011, 12:39:05 PM »
"Mr Floru wrote: "As more cuts are apparently not in the offing, the money needs to be found elsewhere. If it is not raised through direct charges for services to users - such as parking - then the council tax for all must be raised.""

"Lee Rowley, head of parking at Westminster, said: "The email has been misinterpreted.""

"Misinterpreted" eh? I would be interested to know how Cllr. Rowley interprets it, because I'm ****ed if I can read it any other way than being illegal stealth taxing just so they can keep the council tax from being increased! :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

Don't forget it is Cllr Barrow's and Wastemonster's "sacred task" to bring in these taxes charges, and has nothing to do with raising revenue.

God forbid!

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 11 August, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
Even Nick Clegg is chipping in (in Chippenham) now. Perhaps he should be looking a bit closer to the home of parliament.

"Fresh from being booed on the streets of Birmingham and with law and order uppermost in his thoughts, Nick Clegg visited Chippenham to express his support for hard-pressed shopkeepers. The deputy prime minister took time out to criticise a rise in council parking charges that threatens to turn the town centre into a ‘ghost town’."

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/grassroots/2011/08/southwest-ghost-town-threat.html
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 11 August, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »
Well what do you expect from a man whose Party has both Local Policies and National Policies which they can 'flip flop' between depending on which one they think will get them into power?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player