Author Topic: Meeting of Richmond council - Tuesday 13th September 2011 - 7.00pm  (Read 10092 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Please note that the date of this has changed. It was originally announced as being on Wednesday the 14th, but for reasons only known to Richmond BC it has been changed to a day earlier.

All of those who have already carved this into their diaries should please take note and change accordingly.

Please remember we want to make this a big one and need to pack the public gallery with green vests. It may well be that we will see councillors conspiring to commit theft, and I would hate for you to miss out on being able to say "I was there that night".
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Meeting of Richmond council - Tuesday 13th September 2011 - 7.00pm
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2011, 12:07:47 AM »
This could be the reason why Richmond want to keep the illegal fines to pay for this shambles.  :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14567874
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
This could be the reason why Richmond want to keep the illegal fines to pay for this shambles.  :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14567874

That is reprehensible. The Premier Inn?  Lenny Henry's favourite hang out! What were they thinking of? What's wrong with putting  them up in a two bedroom flat so that his support worker could stay as well to pander to him do his cooking and his washing etc.

Here is a cheap one in Richmond it is only £6279 a month !! That's a bargain.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-31189087.html/svr/1702;jsessionid=D4F13B21FE11047F063E4527C259E985
« Last Edit: 18 August, 2011, 02:03:38 PM by Nigel W »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 05 September, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »
This is a bump to remind everyone that this meeting is next Tuesday.

Several groups, including the No To Mob, have been working hard behind the scenes to put pressure on Richmond council to proactively repay their ill gotten gains. You may recall that some of us went to the Cabinet meeting on 21st July where we were largely fobbed off and ignored. The deal was done long before we got to have our say.

The forthcoming meeting is a meeting of the whole council where the proposals put forward by the Cabinet will be recommended to the full council, and they will be able to vote on the logistics of how the illegally obtained monies might be returned to its rightful owners, i.e. those wrongly fined by using uncertificated cameras on the $cars.

At present the Cabinet are recommending that they put a series of adverts in local newspapers to allow any of their unwitting victims to appeal any ticket given by a $camera car from 31st March 2009 onwards.

We are saying that there is no reason why the advertising cannot be targeted at the person who received the ticket, and that this would be a far more cost effective and efficient way of achieving Lord True's objective when he stated “The more of this money is repaid the happier I will be”

I would like nothing more than to see Lord True be the happy man he aspires to be ;D. If you would like to see him happy too, perhaps you would like to attend what promises to be a quite lively debate at Richmond BC's offices next week.

Oh, and by the way I have asked Lord True for permission to film at the meeting, or to give his reasons why we should not be allowed to in light of Bob Neill's letter (http://www.parliament.uk/deposits/depositedpapers/2011/DEP2011-0549.pdf) to him and every other council leader. I will be interested to see Lord True's response. :)

I will post meeting details etc. shortly.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 05 September, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
Ok people unfortunately I have been booked on a job in Scotland for this date and will be unable to attend  ::)))

So as my girth will not be present could 2 or 3 people take my place please.  :idea:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline javabike

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 05 September, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »
What is the difference between Richmond taking money that is not theirs and this man?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033884/Tesco-worker-jailed-blundering-supermarket-hands-100-000-shares-meant-executive-namesake.html

So it would seem taking £Ms is OK, and taking £100,000 is a jail term???
Both were a result of a mistake, both took money that was not legally theirs.
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Nigel W

« Reply #6 on: 05 September, 2011, 12:40:40 PM »
What is the difference between Richmond taking money that is not theirs and this man?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2033884/Tesco-worker-jailed-blundering-supermarket-hands-100-000-shares-meant-executive-namesake.html

So it would seem taking £Ms is OK, and taking £100,000 is a jail term???
Both were a result of a mistake, both took money that was not legally theirs.

There is absolutely no difference it is THEFT pure and simple. If Richmond use any of the money that is not refunded as they propose it is THEFT. If any of the Councillors pass the recommendations that is conspiracy to commit THEFT.

This is why we need a large Mob presence at the meeting. Anyone who comes will possibly be witnessing a large conspiracy by Councillors to commit THEFT! Please go out of your way to attend. It needs something really dramatic to upset the complacency of the Cabinet (maybe when the Metropolitan Police start enquiries they will get a dose of reality).
« Last Edit: 05 September, 2011, 12:43:02 PM by Nigel W »

Offline news shopper martin

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 05 September, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
If any one could kindly give me a lift Il be there
$CAMERAS HIDE NOTOMOB SEEK what a great game we play we always win

Nigel W

Agenda for 'Criminal Conspiracy' - Meeting of Richmond Council - 13th September
« Reply #8 on: 06 September, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »
Here is a copy of The Agenda item for the Full Council Meeting. The 'Criminal conspiracy' by Councillors who vote for this looks to be on the cards.

The expressed intention to 'invest' 'unclaimed funds' that do not belong to The Council is a 'conspiracy to commit theft.'

These funds will be left over in large proportions because of the intention to place press adverts. asking people to apply for refunds.

In another case where this was done only 5% of the total possible refund money was actually refunded.

If this is replicated in Richmond it would mean that out of a total of £1.05M only £52,500 will be refunded leaving £997,500 that belongs to motorists retained unlawfully by The Council. There is no intention to even donate this money to charity.

This gives no incentive for any council to conduct enforcement lawfully.

Council –13 September 2011
REPORTS OF THE EXECUTIVE AND COMMITTEES

The Council is asked to receive and adopt the report of the Cabinet.

CABINET – 21 July 2011 MATTERS REPORTED FOR DECISION 21 JULY 2011

1. ISSUES WITH LBRUT CAMERA CARS - UPDATE -
(report of the Cabinet Member for Highways and Streetscene attached)

At its meeting on 21 July 2011, the Cabinet considered a report describing
serious problems with the requirements for certification of camera cars that
had been operated for the Council since April 2009 and making
recommendations for the way forward.

Recommended:
It was RESOLVED that Cabinet recommend to Council:

1. That the penalty charges incurred by the Penalty Charge
Notices (PCNs) issued by the uncertified camera cars be repaid
to those who properly appeal to the Council.

2. That this be handled by a Traffic Management Act 2004 based
appeal process creating an appeal period until the end of the
calendar year 2011.

3. That the date for the start of the appeal period be determined
by the date advertisements for this action can be placed in the
press and that these be placed as soon after the Council meeting
as practicably possible.

4. That unclaimed funds be invested into parking, highway and
footpath related improvements as an addition to original spend
projections and as part of the 2012/13 budget review process.

5. That the detail of this process of payback be delegated to the
Director of Environment in liaison with Cabinet Member for Street
Scene and Highways.

Lord True, Chairman

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 10 September, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
Is any one albe to give me a lift to this? 

Nigel W

« Reply #10 on: 10 September, 2011, 08:52:49 PM »
I will see what can be arranged Martin. I can't promise anything M8.

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 10 September, 2011, 10:45:50 PM »
thanks nigel

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 11 September, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »
@Martin, I think Tom Tomster, maybe going, why don't you try and call him, he may be able to help   :D

• Follower
« Reply #13 on: 12 September, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »
I don't have his number i did have but lost it  W:T:F:

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 12 September, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »
This is a polite reminder that something big may be happening at the Richmond council meeting tomorrow evening. Nigel and other wronged motorists need our help and I would ask that as many Mob members try to make it along as possible.

Councillors need to debate this question and not just rubber stamp it, as happened when we attended the cabinet meeting in July. The more of us who are there, the more they will see the strength of feeling against the course of action they are proposing.

Stay cool 8)

Bald Eagle

P.s. @ Martin - someone will be in touch shortly and we will get you there with a bit of luck. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player