Author Topic: A brief $chunt & a letter...  (Read 4853 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
A brief $chunt & a letter...
« on: 08 June, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »
I popped down to the park in Peckham to pay the '$car in the bushes' a visit. Well, well, if it's not the old non-compliant signs again...prohibition signs obscured, not even facing the traffic. I went to ask the driver if he knew this but was met by the usual stony silence and 1,000 yard stare. He didn't stay long.

I thought I'd then pop down to Southampton Way. Usual one working the Tesco bay. Again, this one blanked me. I wnated to ask why he didn't park visibly in the bay he was enforcing rather than illegally in a Loading Bay (Emergency Permit A does not permit this).

Anyway, I thought a letter was in order  :-ev-:

Mr Chris Pullen
APCOA Parking (UK) Ltd
Wellington House
4-10 Cowley Road
Uxbridge
Middlesex
UB8 2XW

CC: David Sole, Harriet Harman MP

Dear Mr Pullen

I note that your company extols the professionalism and training of your CEOs. Twice today, I politely approached the crews of your MEVs to discover what offences they were deployed to deter. On both occasions, I was completely ignored by the CEO.

It appears that the crews’ training does not extend to evaluating whether a prohibition is enforceable or to familiarity with the statutory goals of civil enforcement. In Rye Lane, I see one of your ‘visible deterrents’ hidden amongst the trees in Peckham Rye Park enforcing where signs do not comply with the Traffic Signs Manual as they are obscured by foliage, street furniture, damaged or not even facing the traffic flow.  I recommend enforcement be suspended until the signs are made compliant.

In Southampton Way, again the vehicle is deployed in a way that maximises revenue rather than reduces offences, thus putting public safety at unnecessary risk for profit. Instead of parking in the bay it is enforcing, and thereby standing an excellent chance of ensuring the government’s aim of “100% compliance without penalties”, it hides some way away in a Loading Bay. I note that the Emergency ‘A’ Permit displayed permits the holder to park in Loading Bay “as long as no loading restrictions are enforce (sic) at the time of parking”. The bay they use is restricted 7am-7pm, so they are parking outside the exemptions allowed. There is also ample unrestricted parking before the bay in question that would not deprive legitimate users of a loading space. I suggest that the MEV is deployed in a way that minimises offences, maximise public safety and does not break the law.

I would appreciate your comments, as would the press who are keen for any follow up on the Valmar Road story. You might have heard that your MEV enforced an unenforceable restriction for 10 months at enormous cost to the rate payers and Southwark had to refund hundreds of PCNs for an offence that could not have been committed due to the lack of a supporting TMO.

Yours sincerely
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: A brief $chunt & a letter...
« Reply #1 on: 08 June, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »
Nicely done Sir, I think this may illicit a quick downward travelling  bollocking  :aplude:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #2 on: 08 June, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
Excellent. Don't let them off the hook. Reel em in.

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 08 June, 2011, 10:41:14 PM »
Very nice work Esinem  :aplude: :aplude:

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 08 June, 2011, 11:57:51 PM »
There's more to come. This is merely the initial salvo. A barrage along the proportions of "the Valmar Rd massacre" is incoming  :-ev-:

FPW and I are plotting....there will be blood. Oh yes, there will be blood...

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #5 on: 09 June, 2011, 12:41:14 AM »
I've said it before, but I think it's worth repeating Bruce.

Thank **** you're on our side!

Probably THE best written indictment we will see of all that is wrong with the way that $cars are used to maximise revenue.

I am interested in seeing how they defend their position from here.
« Last Edit: 09 June, 2011, 12:22:23 PM by The Bald Eagle »
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 09 June, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »
Possibly I'm being thick, but who is this David Sole bloke?

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 29 June, 2011, 04:01:22 AM »
Head parking honcho at Southwark.  Looking forward to following this up on my return...FOI response now in showing just how many people they have robbed.

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 07 August, 2011, 09:21:49 AM »
It appears that Southwark and Apcoas staff are as uncommunicative as their CEOs.  Hmm, now what?  I see Southwark have a customer charter.

Letters

90 per cent of letters and e-mails will be answered in ten working days; if this isn't possible we'll tell you why.

I think it is also time to drop a line to the MD of Apcoa again.

Cllr Hargrove has a surgery  :-ev-:

1st Friday of every month - Peckham Library, Peckham Square, London SE15 6pm -7pm

2nd Saturday of every month - The Sojourner Centre, Sumner Road, London SE15 10am - 11am

4th Friday of every month - Peckham Library, Peckham Square, London SE15 6pm -7pm
« Last Edit: 07 August, 2011, 09:29:19 AM by Esinem »

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #9 on: 07 August, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »
Cllr Hargrove has a surgery  :-ev-:

1st Friday of every month - Peckham Library, Peckham Square, London SE15 6pm -7pm

2nd Saturday of every month - The Sojourner Centre, Sumner Road, London SE15 10am - 11am

4th Friday of every month - Peckham Library, Peckham Square, London SE15 6pm -7pm

Would you like some company? :-ev-:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 07 August, 2011, 11:12:54 PM »
I can't see the 10 day rule applying in this - APCOA are not the Council merely ( I believe ) their agents/contractors, so any rules the Council might choose to have probably don't apply  :(

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 12 August, 2011, 02:47:42 AM »
I have replies. I will get back to them when I get a mo  :-ev-:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player