Author Topic: Charity rugby match memory of Lt Ollie Augustin  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Blinky

• Follower
Charity rugby match memory of Lt Ollie Augustin
« on: 31 August, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

On Saturday 10th September there will be a memorial / charity rugby matches in memory of Lt Ollie Augustin. Being held at Bexley RFC

Many of you will know that Ollie was tragically killed in Afghanistan on 27th May 2011 whilst commanding Fire Support Group, Juliet Company, 42 Commando Royal Marines.

This event has been organised in order to celebrate Ollie's short yet remarkable life. On the day there will be a number of fund raising events, with all proceeds going to... charities that support British troops including  :) Afghan Heroes  :) . - Whom will be attending on the day.

The games will take place at Bexley Park Sports & Social Club, Calvert Drive,Dartford, Kent, DA2 7GA.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=242570022451018
Ride safe x

Offline Blinky

• Follower
Re: Charity rugby match memory of Lt Ollie Augustin
« Reply #1 on: 31 August, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
Thought some of you might like to come along to this event.  Looks like a fab day and theres a band on till late.  :party:  starts at 2-30 till late .you could schunt in Bexley then come have some fun :P
2 teams are the met police force! and 2 are Ollie teams. Heres a bit from the bottom of the event page.
It would be great to see as many people at the event as possible, to celebrate Ollie's life, raise some money for really worthy causes and to have a good time. So please come along and bring the friends and family everyone is welcome.

In order to raise funds for the selected charities we are asking that people make a voluntary donation at the event. There will also be raffle taking place and various activities going on during and after the game including a bouncy castle for the kids and BBQ.

After the game the rugby club have organised a band night which i encourage everyone to attend (bring friends and family) as the band are awesome (they played at last end of season dinner dance)
Finishing well into the early hours.

We hope to see as many of you there as possible in order to support this cause.
Ride safe x

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »
Lets see what we can do, I doubt there will be camping this time  <_>
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline javabike

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2011, 08:33:32 AM »
I am interested.
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 01 September, 2011, 08:52:59 AM »
I have a wedding to go to, but will come along afterwards  :D

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player