Author Topic: Hemel Hempstead $chunt 10th September 2011  (Read 12434 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Hemel Hempstead $chunt 10th September 2011
« on: 10 September, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »
Can we please have a section set up for Hemel Hempstead and when done can you please move this thread to it.  In light of today's exploits I have the distinct feeling HH is going to be getting quite a lot of our attention in the coming months.

I think we were all a bit apprehensive about going to a location where the $camera doesn't need locating or following, but believe me when I say that we were very quickly disabused of that notion.

We (me, Killswitch, Coco and Javabike) all agreed that it was the best day's $chunting EVER

By the end of it we calculate that we probably saved somewhere between 250 and 400 motorists from getting fines, we gave out more cards than we had ever done before (about one box of 250), and I lost count of the number of people who thanked us and congratulated us for doing such a fantastic job. You have to see this place to believe it!

We had our usual visit from the cops, and the usual "We aren't going to stop you unless you do something stoopid" from them.

In the past we have had people $chunting on foot, in cars, on motorbikes, on push bikes and in cabs, but we can add another one to the list. Imagine our amazement when a bloke turned up on his mobility scooter and started helping us. :aplude: :rotfl: And he said that he had been doing it previously and had saved about seventy cars from getting tickets only the other day.

He was obviously well impressed with the effectiveness of the "LOOK $CAMERA" signs, so I gave him my spare. The fellah was well chuffed and he promised that he would be using it during the week to good effect.

Wooohooo! A new born $chunter. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Other people started helping too and you could feel the resentment of the public to what the council are doing here. They HATE the $camera and loads of them said they were going to write or had already written to councillors, there MPs and various other bodies to complain.

The good people of HH are not 'avin' it!!!!

Oh, and they look after you too. The bloke on the mobility scooter bought us a bunch of bananas (and monkey girl wasn't even there :rotfl:), one nice lady bought us each a Mars bar ("To keep your energy levels up"), and another bloke gave me £3 to buy everyone a cold drink, which by remarkable coincidence is how much Killswitch had just paid to buy us all a cold drink, so KS didn't actually end up out of pocket.

Today took $chunting to a new level as far as I'm concerned. I want to do it again, and again and again and again...... :party: :party: :party:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Hemel Hempstead $chunt 10th September 2011
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
What a day! Absolutely amazing  :party:

So so many people assisted, excellent feedback.

And all of wot he sed

We just spent a full 8 hours "$chunting" and didn't move from our spot, absolutely incredible
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: 10 September, 2011, 08:07:39 PM »
A nice report and glad to see the Mob in the sticks! Well done all :aplude:

Also, good to see KS in Islington this AM as I got lost in the area yet again :bashy:

Keep it up guys!!!!!

ATVB
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline spica

• Follower
  • yeah baby yeah
« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »
nice one guys :dancing:
If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

$chunting is like fox hunting but with a better Outcome

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »
I took a  bit of film whilst we had the policeman in attendance, will upload to YouTube and put link here shortly

Nigel W

« Reply #5 on: 10 September, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »
Sounds like you all had a very worthwhile day. It just goes to prove conclusively that: If Decorum Council put up some signs they would acheive their aim of gaining compliance.

BTW Decorum comes from the Latin Right, Proper. So Here is a message to them:STOP ALLOWING HERTFORDSHIRE CC TO FLEECE MOTORISTS. DO THE 'RIGHT' THING AND ERECT SOME 'PROPER' SIGNS.

YOU ARE NOW UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT AND THE NoToMob ARE WATCHING YOU TOO
« Last Edit: 11 September, 2011, 08:31:24 AM by Nigel W »

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 10 September, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »
Killswitch I have removed the post mate, as from 6.40mins ish you were giving your full details... address, dob etc :)   need to edit that vid. there was no video but still audio

Offline westwood

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: 10 September, 2011, 10:12:23 PM »
well done to you all today I got caught in HH but it is not Dacorum Borough Councils Camera , they do not enforce with CCTV these cameras are entirely separate from their system, the ANPR cameras are operated by Hertfordshire County Council so it will be no use people having a go a Dacorum as they will not have a say in the matter.

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #8 on: 10 September, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »
Plus 1 to BE's observation - absolutely the best day's $chunting EVER! I believe that we saved more potential victims today than we have ever saved before. At one point Kill Switch and myself were speaking to 3 or 4 potential milch cows every time the traffic lights changed i.e. 3 - 4 every 2 -3  minutes! The support from passers-by equalled that of St Martin's Lane, Savile Row and Clifton Street combined! Interestingly the only negative comments came from a couple of curmudgeonly bus drivers - though most of their colleagues were very supportive.

But I think that the best thing about today's action was that the cameras were unable to drive off and bolt for a pig-pen!

Offline kiwi

• Follower
  • FCUKI'N AV IT
« Reply #9 on: 10 September, 2011, 11:15:29 PM »
Well done !!! You have just portrayed yourself as givers to the comunity not like the takers of the council kind !!! We give but we don't take ,Notomob you are all stars !!

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #10 on: 10 September, 2011, 11:30:53 PM »
Thanks Westwood.  One gentleman handed me a copy of the front page of his PCN and it clearly states that it is issued by Hertfordshire County Council. Don't worry. We're on the case and I am hopeful that we can come up with something that will force them to stop enforcement shortly.

Stay cool 8)

Bald Eagle
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 11 September, 2011, 01:59:50 AM »
Now I have it on good authority that a car driver bought the members of the NoToMob coffees today only to be informed he also had fallen foul of the restrictions and was going to get a fine through the post!
I am trying to remember who it was.............Hmmmmm........Oh I remember now.
IT WAS ME!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #12 on: 11 September, 2011, 05:29:19 AM »
Pat,
This confirms conclusively that their signage is not sufficient. You went there to $hunt and were trapped yourself. If you can fall foul of the restrictions anyone can!

I am grateful to Westwood for pointing out that it is all Hertforshire County Council's fault. Although Hemmel Hempstead comes under Decorum Borough Council who have their offices in Hemmel Hempstead. It is Hertfordshire CC who do their dirty work for them. Hertfordshire County Council are based in Hertford 15 miles away. I have amended my post above accordingly.

As it is on Decorum's patch I also blame them for allowing it.

I also have a message for Hertfordshire CC:

HAVE A HEART. STOP PLYING YOUR TRADE FROM 15 MILES AWAY BY COMMITING HIGHWAY ROBBERY. DICK TURPIN HAD NOTHING ON YOU

THE NoToMob ARE ALSO WATCHING YOU

« Last Edit: 11 September, 2011, 08:58:15 AM by Nigel W »

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #13 on: 11 September, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
When me and my most significant other were leaving we decided to drive around again and see why I missed the signs. If you are in a normal saloon car you do not see the signs as they are above your sight line when you are at the roundabout. I have taken measurements of all the signs heights and will be doing some homework.
Also there are no advance warnings to a Bus Lane, the road is not marked out as a Bus Lane or Bus Gate.
In nearly all the cases I witnessed today the drivers just did not see the signs even when they were next to them as you would need an open sun roof to see them. There is so much wrong with this junction and the approaches to it. It is obvious that the amount of PCN's issued here there are serious problems with the sinage, and the money earnt from it could have paid for new and proper signs many times over £20,000 per day.
But It is being used as a revenue source that much is very obvious. Hurry up with my PCN Herts Borough Council I want to get stuck in to you!!! :-ev-:

« Last Edit: 11 September, 2011, 11:15:21 AM by Pat Pending »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #14 on: 11 September, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »
And so I try once more, and thanks again RS2K  :aplude: