Author Topic: Cabbies Demo  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Cabbies Demo
« on: 06 October, 2011, 02:12:53 PM »
I just received this e-mail and thought I would pass it on.

MESSAGE FROM THE UNITED CABBIES GROUP

The United Cabbies Group have called a Drive-In Demonstration today Thursday 6th October at 5pm.

The demonstration will take place at St John's Wood Circus NW8 in protest at the International Olympic Committee's refusal to allow the Licensed London Taxi trade access to the Olympic Route Network.

The reason for this time and venue is because there is an Olympic test event (Archery) being held at Lords Cricket Ground, which finishes at 5.30pm.

This is the 2nd demonstration held by the UCG in recent weeks and is part of our ongoing campaign to secure 100% Access to the ORN for ALL Licensed London Taxi drivers.

We intend to show the IOC what they can expect if they do not reverse their decision.

There will be 100 days of road access restrictions before, during and after the games, and this will have a catastrophic effect on the Licensed Taxi trade, a trade that was used to help secure the staging of the games.

We hope you can attend and help us secure a better working environment during the 2012 Olympic Games.

See you there.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline rs2k

• Follower
Re: Cabbies Demo
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2011, 02:21:13 PM »
Whos going ?

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
If I had been given a bit of notice I could have done something, but I only received it a short while ago and cannot get off work early enough otherwise I would have been up for it as it is just around the corner from WCC Pig Pen. :-ev-:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline javabike

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2011, 03:05:59 PM »
Another bit of get rid of London cabs by the powers that be!  London cabs are legionary! yet these short sighted, half wits are trying to destroy them, first WCC does not enforce the touting law, then they penalise a London cab doing their job, now they deny them (MORE OVER US) the right/ability to catch a London cab - many people only get once in a life time to catch one!
As an Australian the first thing I did was catch a 'red hop-on-hop-off bus' then a London cab - did not go anywhere just took a 30 minute ride in a cab around London.
This IS tourism!
Vincit Veritas - Truth WILL Prevail
!!!!!Never Give In

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 06 October, 2011, 04:11:13 PM »
Well said Javabike :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player