Author Topic: ES article on scars misbehaving  (Read 5165 times)

Offline news shopper martin

• Follower
Re: ES article on scars misbehaving
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Ahh virgil you beat me to it i was just about to post this lol
$CAMERAS HIDE NOTOMOB SEEK what a great game we play we always win

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »
Are these two monkeys actually filming each other?

No, they're parked outside the enfarcement office, 6-10 Lexington Street, W1. They like to keep low key though and don't advertise their presence so Shhhhhh.......don't tell anyone!

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 14 October, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »
Westminster Councils borough's enforcement operations manager, Bob Poston, said the law allowed them "to park on the carriageway and in certain parking places to undertake their duties. It does not permit them to park on the footway nor on lineage on red routes." “He said NSL had been asked to explain the cars seen in Lexington Street. The one on a red route stopped to reverse into a parking place, he added.”
I wonder where the parking space the CCTV spy car was reversing into is, this video seems to show it parked with its hazard lights flashing.

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 14 October, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »
Yep its parked... :-ev-:

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 14 October, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
Parked it is but then but they do this sort of thing 'because they can.' I wonder what would happen if the roles were reversed, the $camera car was filming the other car.
"But I was reversing into a parking bay."
"oh, that's okay then, appeal allowed."
Likely chuffing scenario, isn't it? They should be accountable, but they're not. They should be punished when they cross the line, but they're not. I like the bit in the signature box of the PATAS appeal form; 'I realise that making a false statement to the adjudicator is a criminal offence and may result in prosecution.' I also realise that the council can lie through their teeth with not so much as five minutes on the naughty step. They have no idea why people get so pissed off. Maybe someone should explain it to them................

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 16 October, 2011, 01:07:24 AM »
Does anyone know if the $cars regularly "reverse" into that spot?
If so, where is it?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »
I'm pretty certain it's Park Crescent, W1, facing north toward the A501 Marylebone Road. He's probably enforcing the banned right turn and/or box junction at the traffic lights ahead.

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 16 October, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
Tell you what its not enforcing......The Red Route  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #9 on: 16 October, 2011, 12:04:13 PM »
Tell you what its not enforcing......The Red Route  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Watch that video full screen with some zoom. It's also not enforcing pavement parking or blocking a dropped kerb. I make that three contraventions in one sitting. Whatever your opinion on that, you have to admire the skill involved.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 16 October, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
I would say that would be parking on a Red Route - £130 PCN and possibly a fine for parking on the footpath as well!   :-ev-:

Edit; except, of course, you can't issue tickets for two offences at once - so it'll just be a Red Route PCN!
« Last Edit: 17 October, 2011, 08:48:44 PM by DastardlyDick »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #11 on: 17 October, 2011, 02:39:17 AM »
Wow, no wonder NSL management get an Aston Martin for a company car.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player