Author Topic: Crossrail Suspending Local Authority Parking Bay  (Read 1563 times)

Offline BGB

• Follower
Crossrail Suspending Local Authority Parking Bay
« on: 15 October, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
I noticed this yesterday in Durward Street, E1, where Crossrail are carrying out works.

One bay displays two types of sign.

The first is a standard local authority, 'Permit A holders only, 08.30 - 17.30 Mon - Sat'.

The second is a Crossrail sign 'Parking bays suspended from Thursday the 6th October'.

As far as I know, Crossrail has no authority to suspend local authority parking.

Parking in the bay would cause an obstruction, particularly to the Crossrail site, due to the the barriers erected, presumably by Crossrail.

Also, as far as I know, Crossrail has no authority to obstruct public roads without a permit from the local authority.

What are the chances of the local authority CEOs making the correct decision regarding the lawfulness of parking in that bay when Crossrail wants to continue its £ billions project on Monday?

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Crossrail Suspending Local Authority Parking Bay
« Reply #1 on: 15 October, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
I would have thought the only people who can do this are the Local Authority or the Police.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player