Author Topic: A new low for Wastemonster.  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
A new low for Wastemonster.
« on: 09 November, 2011, 01:10:25 AM »
Wastemonster set themselves some very low standards indeed and then fail to live up to them. NS Martin drew my attention to this little gem earlier on which he saw on London Tonight;

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24007550-wesminster-parking-storm-reward-points-for-wardens-to-trap-motorists.do

Westminster council denied the scheme was designed to "incentivise" wardens and claimed it was reward for "good work and accuracy."
Seriously? An incentive that is not an incentive? I like to look at things a little more simply. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.
Rowley Rat, Wastemonster city councils resident throbbing member for parking revenue, said: "It is illegal to incentivise staff to give out tickets and we don't allow it."
I'm sure I've heard that phrase before somewhere. I had an Action Man toy when I was a kid that trotted out the same old cobblers whenever the string on it's back was pulled. Babel Fish translation: It's not illegal, it's just a guideline which I shall continue to ignore. Besides, By the time Nigel has finished chopping all the cameras off my smart cars and shoving them up my tradesman's entrance, I'm going to need the extra cash.

:bashy:      :bashy:      :bashy:      :bashy:      :bashy:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: A new low for Wastemonster.
« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
Of course if NSL/WCC were to pay their CEOs a proper salary (like Traffic Wardens are) they wouldn't need to "incentivise" them in the first place!  :)

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player