Author Topic: Savile Row - an important development  (Read 4082 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Savile Row - an important development
« on: 14 December, 2011, 11:35:03 AM »
It appears that Wastemonster have decided not to send the $car down to Savile Row any more, but instead to install a static camera opposite the junction in Conduit Street/Mill Street. So now they can rip off motorists 24 hours a day without leaving the comfort of their control room.

And this is happening despite the fact that signs are still wrong and inadequate at this junction. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

Static $chunting anyone?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
Re: Savile Row - an important development
« Reply #1 on: 14 December, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
How very obliging of them. Static camera $chunting is just so much easier to do and tends to be more satisfying too. You can take along your camping stool, thermos flask of coffee, radio etc and then get to work play safe in the knowledge that you won't have the $camera running away just as you are engaged in pleasant conversation with motorists/passers by. Thank you so much WCC! :dancing:   :dancing:   :dancing:

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 14 December, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Any chance of sponsoring an appeal through PATAS to get a ruling on these signs. :idea:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 14 December, 2011, 06:47:51 PM »
I must admit when I first heard about this I thought "sneaky weasley bar stewards". Despite everything we've pointed out to them regarding non-compliance at the junction, they seem hell bent on fleecing people from some remote bunker 24hours a day. Wastemonster may think this is a quick way to get money but I hope they bear in mind that they may well have to pay it all back when the junction comes under official scrutiny.  That aside, on reflection (sounds like a French magician), Coco's hit the nail on the head and for all the reason's he's mentioned above, I think this could be a most pleasant way of spending some time in the West End! In fact I may pop down there tomorrow as I'm not working at the mo.
As luck would have it, I was in town this pm and took some photos of the latest "fleecer on a flagpole" which I believe is mounted on the pole where the old and incorrect but helpful "one way" round sign was. It's now been topped with some globe like camera attachment and some aerials for transmission back to the bunker I presume.
(Apologies the pics aren't brilliant - just on me phone and it was very bright out there today)

:idea: I haven't trawled through the old posts on here but somewhere in the dim recesses of my memory I thought that Rowley Rat informed us that static cameras weren't used to enforce moving traffic violations (I believe it was when Esinem was asking about the other camera on Savile Row near the newsagent/opp the cul de sac) I'm sure he claimed they were for crime prevention purposes only? W:T:F: .
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 14 December, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
well well seems that wcc have realised its cheaper to use static cameras.. 

just a pity that what last month that we got them all made redundant,  cause of no vca certification..

they never do learn... lol

Nigel W

« Reply #5 on: 14 December, 2011, 09:47:15 PM »
Interesting.

If I have my way they will not be using this 'device' from their 'remote bunker' (or others) for much longer.

Wait for news.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 14 December, 2011, 10:29:43 PM »
I remember being told (many years ago) by a WCC CEO that WCC were using their CCTV cameras to tell the CEO's where contraventions were taking place at quiet times of the day. The 'bunker' is located below the Trocadero on Picadilly Circus.

Nigel W

« Reply #7 on: 14 December, 2011, 10:46:19 PM »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player