Author Topic: Where's the NOTO MOB when you need them ????  (Read 4248 times)

Offline scoop10

• Follower
Where's the NOTO MOB when you need them ????
« on: 21 October, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »
I hate the fact that WCC have got some money, but still funny. Might make the drivers think twice about where they park (ok. I'm an optimist  <_>)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15405960

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Where's the NOTO MOB when you need them ????
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
I'm not entirely convinced the council did fine their own driver but maybe said they did to garner public favour. Many years ago, me and my boss were outside the office having a smoke when we noticed a car pulling away. We only noticed it because a CEO was punching buttons on his machine. He printed a ticket out, put it in a bag and threw it on the floor. When we examined it, we saw that it was for the car which had pulled away, a 'phantom ticket.' We sent the ticket along with two witness statements to the council and they claimed to have cancelled it and dismissed the CEO. In all probability they might have followed up with an Nto and commended the CEO for being an enterprising little weasel. That aside, it's good that stories like this make it into the news because the public are alerted to what sneaky _____* the council are.

*Sorry about the blank, I'll see if I can get Sir Olly to fill it in for me.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #2 on: 21 October, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
This is exactly what a Parking Patawayo did to me about a year ago. However I have his number if you know what I mean. :-ev-:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 21 October, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
Does anyone know where this van base is?

Nigel W

« Reply #4 on: 21 October, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #5 on: 22 October, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
I hate the fact that WCC have got some money.

They've not got so much now. Nice bit of $chunting over the last few days. Top job all.  :aplude:

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

« Reply #6 on: 23 October, 2011, 05:29:29 AM »
Revenue Recovery and Enforcement Services

"Philips is the UK’s largest independently owned, quality assured, revenue recovery and enforcement company.

Working on a 'no collection, no fee' basis, we successfully recoup millions of pounds of unpaid debt each year for public and private sector organisations nationwide.

Our highly professional operating procedures incorporate state-of-the-art automated systems and full accountability. In combination with a firm but very fair enforcement approach to debtors, we achieve outstanding results in minimal time whilst providing Best Value.

Philips is the only Bailiff Company with an approved City & Guilds Training Academy"

Road Traffic

"Philips operate a national network of bailiffs making us the ideal choice for the enforcement of Road Traffic Debts.

We currently work for dozens of local authorities in respect of Road Traffic 1991 and TMA 2004 Warrants.

We are able to assist in pre-debt registration checks to save the Council the Registration Fee for known "Gone Away" offenders, known as ‘pre- TEC check’."

Philips announces 5 year agreement to support BPA's Autumn Seminar

"Philips' close relationship with the British Parking Association was further strengthened when the company agreed to sponsor the Association’s Autumn Seminar for 5 years."

The point is: WHAT FEES DO YOU CHARGE?

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 23 October, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
The point is: WHAT FEES DO YOU CHARGE?

Don't they 'buy' the debt from the client for whatever the amount is - say £100 - and then just add their fees on top - so much per visit to the debtors address, so much per letter etc?
I could be wrong, but I'm sure an expert will be along shortly.

Nigel W

« Reply #8 on: 23 October, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
No they don't buy the debt (at a discounted figure.)  They add THEIR fees to the debt. £11.50 for a letter. £200 for a (soft) visit etc. etc. The fees must be agreed with the Council.

More is charged if they have to remove goods. These goods are then 'auctioned' off for a fraction of their real value. "We got £10 for that £50 note etc."

:idea: No doubt Councils also get a cut of these 'fees.'   :idea: Rumour has it that bailiff companies routinely overcharge their 'customers.'  They charge more than the agreed amounts with the Council.
« Last Edit: 23 October, 2011, 12:43:52 PM by Nigel W »

Nigel W

« Reply #9 on: 26 October, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
See:

Exposure - ITV Monday, 31 October 2011, 10:35PM - 11:35PM

Bailiffs: This film goes undercover to investigate the behaviour of the bailiffs instructed to chase millions of householders and car owners each year.

It asks whether the voluntary guidelines that bailiffs are meant to follow are enough to protect the public.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #10 on: 26 October, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
All set to record, let's hope it exposes them for what they really are  :idea:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: 26 October, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »
Their base is in Islington but the Bailiffs take their ANPR vans home so no point in me giving out the address. Also, recent news of Serco buying them may change their base address soon too.

The Bailiff concerned in this parking matter was reprimanded I hear but I doubt very much he is off the WCC contract as Philips don`t have much else to do in London :pmsl:
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player