Author Topic: Bus station - Saturday 7th Jan  (Read 2738 times)

Offline NotEvenALondonRider

• Follower
Bus station - Saturday 7th Jan
« on: 07 January, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
Spent 2 spells down there today due to other commitments in the middle of the day. When solo $chunting the bus lane I count them the following way; won - motorist read sign and avoided fine. lost - motorist ignored sign and got a fine. drew - motorist came through from an un-$chunted route so couldn't be helped.

All the work was at the top roundabout, since the car now sits on it's central little bay with the camera pointed solely in that direction (ignoring anyone actually driving through the bus-station end) and with the camera raised by about 8 feet so it can see over any buses in Waterfront Way.

10.30 til 12.45 - won 25, lost 10, drew 3. Some of the losses were duckling blindly following a leader and 2 were ones passing a win while I gave directions.

4pm - 5.30 - won 10, lost 3, drew 5.

Also a number (about 4 or 5) who seem to think that if they have passed the warning and driven down until they are face to face with the car, turning round and coming back up will somehow cancel out the fine? :bashy:

I make that an average of 11.75 people per hour they would have got. At £30-60 a time (depending on how quickly they pay) makes £350-700 per hour for the car to sit there. If they work 7.30am to 9.30 pm, less 3 hours for travel and meal breaks, that car could be raking in £3,850-7,700 PER DAY for the council!  :o

And as we know from the people who ask us for directions, about 80%+ are out of towners confused by signing and following out of date sat-nav directions while trying to spend money somewhere in the local economy. How does a £60 penalty in the post a week later encourage them to come back?  :bashy:
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2012, 12:40:58 PM by NotEvenALondonRider »
"A nation of sheep breeds only a government of wolves".

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Bus station - Saturday 7th Jan
« Reply #1 on: 07 January, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »
Great work shedman. This is fast becoming a game of stats and yours will certainly help. :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU