Author Topic: Westminster pay by phone parking  (Read 6406 times)

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
Westminster pay by phone parking
« on: 04 January, 2012, 04:33:28 PM »
Been to London to work today and needed to pay the tax to park the bike. Tried to ring the number to avoid a fine and noticed there were other people standing around using their phones trying the same thing, all I kept getting was a congestion message. After about 20 minutes I get thru to a person who told me there is a problem and to dial another number, although there is a vast number of signs at motorcyle bays and car bays in the borough this number does not appear on any of them. As the original number is a 0207 code which on most mobile phones would be included in the tarrif  I was given a 0844 number. I would not be surprised if at some later date all the signs were changed to this as then they may get more revenue from the calls from customers parking.
Watch this space.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: Westminster pay by phone parking
« Reply #1 on: 05 January, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
Definitely one to watch thanks Tom. Are you already registered to pay, or were you trying to pay under an existing account?
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »
Perhaps just being a bit cynical but I was in Staples car park in Medway yesterday, one of them controlled by lowest form of parking control you will ever find, I think the Russian mafia have a hand in these ones. I always like to read their notices and to my surprise their head office address was Harley Street W1, is this just a coincidence or perhaps some other motive prevails.
Usually the address is Hemel or some aggressive bulk collectors in Thornton Heath.

Oh well back to the X files.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Nigel W

« Reply #3 on: 09 January, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »
A company called G24 Parking runs most of the Staples car parks and others.

"It boasts on its website that its office is in posh Harley Street, West London, but that location is just a mail forwarding address".

"Its actual offices are in a small flat above a dry cleaners in Beaconsfield".

"THE boss of a private car park management firm raking in hundreds of thousands of pounds from motorists is happy to break the law himself when he parks his limo, a Cashflow investigation has uncovered".

&

"Mum who took on G24 - and won."

"She challenged the fine but G24 said it was up to her to prove her claims – even though it had the evidence on camera".

See:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/article1691229.ece

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 20 March, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
Been to Barnet today in the Van and needed to use a public car park but was unable to use the multi story due to height. found a car park in Stapylton road which had black bags over the ticket machines with signs saying pay by phone parking only.
So I dialled the number and was very surprised to be connected to the Westminster service, due to one of the registrations on my account for Westminster was entered in Welbeck street and has only been used once, the vehicle belongs to my business partner. So no mistaking it even the voice is the same, the one that says motorbike instead of  motorcycle when you enter the motorcycle location number.

I wonder if I dialled the Westminster number and entered a Barnet location code if it would recognise it, or even vice versa.

So are Westminster starting to rake it in selling their services to other boroughs? or is it Rowley ltd biting back.
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 20 March, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »
You are right to point that out Mr Trumpet, it’s covered here http://nutsville.com/?p=3681 , and is one of the objections causing Westminster Council sticky moist pants or perhaps sticky moist thong in Mr Rowley’s case.

BTW, any photos of the signs showing the phone numbers wherever you come across the Verrus paypoint pay-by-phone service could be helpful. Got Islington, so far

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 20 March, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »
The signs in barnet are exactly the same as the Islington ones apart from the phone number is 0203362200.

The funny thing is they say £50,000 was stolen from the old coin meters, but what Verrus are thieving rates in the millions.
Ciao Marco #58

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 23 March, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »
Wasn't this part of the now infamous Partners in Parking (PiP) that WCC set up so that they (and other LAs) could get around the mandatory tendering process for Parking Enforcement Contracts?

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 23 March, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »
Yes, I was a tad surprised to discover Bike Parking came up on my phone when I used Pay by Phone in Shoreditch. We look forward to excrement meeting the air circulation device  :-ev-:
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player