Author Topic: Saturday 7 January 2012  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
Saturday 7 January 2012
« on: 08 January, 2012, 11:13:06 AM »
On the way home with Boris from a slightly disappointing day in Westminster, we took a punt and visited the Compayne Gardens/ West End Lane honeypot. Much to my delight there was the $camera car complete with two CEOs aboard! We parked and dug out my trusty old $camera car sign which Boris deployed to good effect whilst I went and chatted to the CEOs. They were very pleasant and commented that we had not been around Camden much for a long time!

It looks as though Camden has now placed a no right turn sign on the lefthand side of the junction with a camera supplementary plate on the pole. IIRC this is new (to us) and asked the CEOs how long it had been there but they couldn't be sure other than to say it had been there "for a long time".

A local resident told us that the car is a very regular visitor to this spot, sometimes twice a day, and there are still a lot of drivers who turn right.

Whilst not the busiest honeypot, we (well Boris actually!) spoke to a number of drivers (15 - 20?) during the 30 - 45 mins we were there and all seemed to appreciate the warning.

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Saturday 7 January 2012
« Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
Nice one guys  :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline Boris

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 08 January, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »

shiney new signage!

went past there on my way home again today, $car there again today, but I couldn't stop.

1988 Honda Bros 400
 its 4 years older then me! :O

Nigel W

« Reply #3 on: 09 January, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »
A well hidden $car that looks as if it is parked outside the parking bays. So much for a visible deterrent.
« Last Edit: 09 January, 2012, 06:38:36 PM by Nigel W »

Offline seggsy

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 12 January, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
With signs blocking other signs, a recipe for confusion.
Politicians doncha just 'ate em

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #5 on: 12 January, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »
Before they put up the sign on the left the only sign was in front on the other side of the junction, which is clearly a non compliant set up as there was no advance warning. At busy times this sign is hidden behind a Bus, HGV or Van so the driver has already comitted themselves to a manoeuvre before they see the sign. A nice little earner for the Local Authority. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"