Author Topic: All the council’s road markings and signs are in accordance with dft regulations  (Read 14155 times)

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
The first sign is what is seen by approaching traffic, before turning left into the restricted road.

The second sign is what is seen once the turn has been commenced.

Signs should convey their intended message quickly and accurately.

Having studied these signs for a some considerable time, I can confidently state that the signs mean that only buses with no seats are allowed into this road between 9.00am and 9.01am on the third Sunday of every month, provided there is a blue moon and Pluto is rising in Uranus.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
The first sign is what is seen by approaching traffic, before turning left into the restricted road.

The second sign is what is seen once the turn has been commenced.

Signs should convey their intended message quickly and accurately.

Having studied these signs for a some considerable time, I can confidently state that the signs mean that only buses with no seats are allowed into this road between 9.00am and 9.01am on the third Sunday of every month, provided there is a blue moon and Pluto is rising in Uranus.

now is that my anus or that of trhe parking service manager

Offline BGB

• Follower
Case Reference:   2110693916
Authority:   Tower Hamlets
Contravention Date:   26 Jun 2011
Contravention Time:   12:12
Contravention Location:   Crispin Street
Penalty Amount:   £80.00
Contravention:   Parked for longer than permitted
Decision Date:   24 Mar 2012
Adjudicator:   Gerald Styles
Appeal Decision:   Allowed
Direction:   cancel the Penalty Charge Notice and the Notice to Owner.
Reasons:   ....I have studied the Council photos of the bay sign which has some  resemblance to ministerial  pattern  660.7. It is not one commonly seen and I can accept that a motorist might seek to pay as the appellant says he did seek to pay even though this was not intended on a Sunday. The Council has not told me whether it has applied to the Department for Transport for special authorisation of the sign (if such is in fact needed)  but I have not delayed today on that account.

I have not been given a transcription or audio clip of information given during the call I accept the appellant made.

I can accept that "free all day on Sunday" might well have been information given and  the  qualification or limit of two hours might have been unclear.

On the basis that the sign is not a common one and that there appears to have been some ambiguous information /misunderstanding occurring over the phone I have decided the present appeal is properly allowed. The  Council  will hereafter  I hope  seek to ensure  the  sign no longer reads  "Sundayy". The double  "yy"  simple  serves  to divert the reader of what is already quite complicated.  

Offline BGB

• Follower
A new marking shape.
« Last Edit: 01 May, 2012, 08:37:43 PM by BGB »

Nigel W

It won't be long before the trusty old 'blacking out' paint wears off to reveal the 3 under the 2.  What kind of a halfwit could paint such a monstrosity?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
You can be cruel sometimes. I'm sure he done it to the very best of his abilities.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline BGB

• Follower
iBrtain's smallest Yellow Box Junction.

Offline BGB

• Follower
Did one of Ewan's smileys get run over by a road laying machine?
« Reply #22 on: 24 December, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »
Did one of Ewan's smileys get run over by a road laying machine?

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
The poor little chap was inspecting that double yellow, and I do mean that in the loosest possible way, when he got surprised by a bicycle weasel.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
@BGB.

The thread heading is "All the council’s road markings and signs are in accordance with dft regulations". Have you any proof of who said that and in what context?

I think whoever it is should be sent all the photos on this thread and asked to justify his/her remark, don't you? :P :P :P
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BGB

• Follower
 W:T:F:

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
This type of restriction is becoming more common. Where enforcement is becoming more customer focused, you get a choice of PCNs, one for the bay and one for the line. You simply choose the PCN you prefer and send off your payment thanking the council for pointing out what a horrible little serf you are.

I had a similar experience in Greenwich recently where I saw a vulture preparing his victim's PCN. I asked him why there was a bay with lines running through it and he said that "outside of the bay restriction times, the yellow lines are enforced." I tried to assert that there were no such road markings in the TSRGD and that it was part of his job to report defective signs and lines but he was having none of it. He finished up with "I've told you four times now. You can appeal if you feel the PCN was wrongly issued. What a c :o nt. The victim was nowhere to be seen so I left a note on his/her windscreen. This was a couple of weeks ago now without contact so I suspect another one may have bitten the dust.

::)))

Offline Staps

• Follower
Ewan it is very possible the c  :o nt might have removed your note, It is after all "Just about the money"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
I was ahead of that little game and made sure he had gone off to rip off some other poor sod chastise another inconsiderate motorist before leaving my note. The last one I tried to help was in an invisible loading bay. The victim had returned and I gave him my details along with the website and assurances that it was 100% winnable (for us) He never got in touch. That generous 50% discount is too big a hurdle for most and is the main reason why the $cam is so successful.

Offline Staps

• Follower
"The last one I tried to help was in an invisible loading bay"
would be nice to know if he took your advice and appealed the ticket himself.