Author Topic: Hakim Berkani - My hero  (Read 26801 times)

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
Re: Hakim Berkani - My hero
« Reply #15 on: 26 January, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »
I hope Hakim gets some sort of monetary compensation that is equal to the level of absolute disgraceful behaviour he experienced at the hands of the NSL managers

Well done Hakim, very well done mate  :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude: :aplude:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #16 on: 26 January, 2012, 09:10:43 PM »
I  think the attention should focus on Dunbar or do we just call him Dun. This man was either to thick or nieve (I think the former is more apt) not to contemplate this happening. Surly if you treat someone in your employ like this as soon as a chance of justified payback comes along, who in their right mind would not take it.
The whole parking industry is built on sterling and the ring of cash but there is no mention of the management bonuses for behaving like a member of the third reich. I would like to now know what bonus these turds were getting for treating their staff in this way. 

This just shows the company is rotten right to the core of the directors.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #17 on: 26 January, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
I hope Hakim gets some sort of monetary compensation...

I asked Hakim what he wanted for all this and he looked me in the eye and told me he just wanted his job back. I believed him. He is a working man who wants to work.

If he doesn't get as far as the next hearing you can bet he will have received an offer he can't refuse. Let's hope it's a shit load of money. Even with a gagging order attached though, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle. ;D

I'm sure there are more than the likes of Hakim out there with an axe to grind. ;D

NSL and their employers should be afraid. Be very afraid.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #18 on: 26 January, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »
He has given himself the best reference ever how better could he display how honest and genuine he is. Dont worry fella there is someone out there that will definatly give you a job. You dont need them scumbags.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #19 on: 26 January, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
I bet this episode will not make it on to the CV's of the scum bag managers, but I really hope it comes back to haunt them time and time again.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #20 on: 27 January, 2012, 12:03:30 AM »
There's only one way to punish these worthless, good for nothing, low life, sacks of festering, rancid shit, and that's in the pocket. I only hope the tribunal see fit to award Hakim Berkani an appropriate sum of money to compensate him for the torment he has suffered. I don't think 10 years full pay would be too unreasonable a sum.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

« Reply #21 on: 27 January, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Hakim Berkani is a "London Hero" not just BE's!

"London hero: the traffic warden who gave warnings not tickets"

"LONDONERS dedicated to freedom, justice and the pursuit of happiness have a new hero this morning - traffic warden Hakim Berkani, who has exposed London's system of parking enforcement for what it has become: a secret, unauthorised tax."

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/44764/london-hero-traffic-warden-who-gave-warnings-not-tickets#ixzz1keZeyDlm

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #22 on: 27 January, 2012, 07:48:30 PM »
There's only one way to punish these worthless, good for nothing, low life, sacks of festering, rancid shit,

Dont hold back mate, say what you feel   :rotfl: :aplude:

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #23 on: 27 January, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »
I thought Ewans post was a bit restrained as well Staps.  Accurate though.  <_>  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: 27 January, 2012, 07:54:20 PM by Pat Pending »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Nigel W

« Reply #24 on: 29 May, 2012, 06:55:15 AM »
Labour Councillors furious at “secret RBKC parking ticket quotas”

Following the Hakim Berkani Employment Tribunal case where the judge stated that parking firm NSL operated a “clandestine quota system”, and BBC reports suggesting that NSL, working for Kensington and Chelsea Council, set its wardens minimum ticket quotas, which is illegal, Labour Opposition Councillors have:

* Called for a scrutiny of the role of the Council and NSL in this scandal.

* Asked why Hakim Berkani was sacked for apparently refusing to operate an illegal quota system.

* Asked the Council to clarify if they knew that NSL had continued to apply a quota system, that seems to be the implication of the Berkani judgement, despite the government outlawing such a practice in 2008. The Council stated this is ‘a matter for NSL and that they [the Council] have acted lawfully’.

* Asked if the Council signed a contract with NSL requiring wardens to give out 306,000 tickets a year and 10 per warden per shift.

* Asked if the Council was aware that NSL managers discussed taking disciplinary action against wardens who issued less than 9 tickets and hour.

* Asked why the Council is denying that NSL did anything wrong when Judge Jeremy Burns ruled that Mr Berkani was dismissed by NSL due to his opposition to a “clandestine quota system”.

* Asked why the existence of a quota system has been repeatedly denied at the Council’s Public Realm Scrutiny Committee over the years when the question was asked by Opposition Labour Councillors.

Councillor Pat Mason, RBKC Labour Transport Spokesperson said; “I am absolutely furious that the Council are still supporting a parking contractor found guilty of unfairly sacking Mr Berkani for refusing to operate an illegal parking ticket system. We need to know if the Council leadership secretly sanctioned this quota system and then hid it from Councillors and residents”.

http://www.labourmatters.com/kensington-and-chelsea-labour/labour-councillors-furious-at-secret-rbkc-parking-ticket-quotas/

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #26 on: 08 March, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
Sad outcome though...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107251/Hakim-Berkani-Traffic-warden-revealed-10-day-ticket-quota-gets-20k-payout.html

I'd say it was an outrageous outcome, especially when you consider his employers who were so severely slated by the employment tribunal are still employed by NSL, without a stain on their records!

See the full judgement here
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Staps

• Follower
« Reply #27 on: 08 March, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »
Another example of why the UK is becoming a shit place to be.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #28 on: 08 March, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »
[/quote)
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BECOMING!  I think North Korea is looking  more promising every day!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #29 on: 09 March, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »
I think North Korea is looking  more promising every day!

I hear there is very little corruption there. (relatively speaking.)

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player