Author Topic: How parking "ENFORECEMENT" has affected me  (Read 5985 times)

Offline newham-council-r-thieves

• Follower
How parking "ENFORECEMENT" has affected me
« on: 07 February, 2012, 10:07:35 PM »
I am not sure if this is the type of topics we are looking for here but as the forum is still growing, I thought I'd add the injustice in Newham.

2 years ago, I had a car. I never used it much. There was a spell of 2 to 3 weeks when I needed the car regularly and that's when I was hit left right and centre. I am always cautious and never break any rules including mobile phone while driving, going through amber, speeding or anything really. I'm just that calm.

First incident:
Turning left out of Burges Road, onto Barking Road going towards the Barking round about, I turned into the first lane where a few years ago it was not red (bus lane), the sign was before the turning. I turned and indicated to move right but too late, I just lost £50.

I had no idea about the laws or how bad they were. I kept replying to them by email (which was allowed at the time) to explain it was unfair. They kept declining. Got warnings, bailiff threats and more letters. I still kept replying saying I wanted to take it further but they gave no details as to how.

I put the car onto my wife's name. 2 weeks later the car was clamped. We phoned them and asked what the hell they're doing as the car doesn't belong to the person who the outstanding ticket is on. They came back to remove it.

After approximately 18 month or 2 years (maybe), they stopped sending letters and it just died out.

Second incident:
Rainy day. Double yellow ends but covered with water so it looks like it continues. Attendant knows the area well but still gave a ticket. I challenged the council to come to the exact spot and show me the double yellow. They didn't reply to the letter nor did I get any letters after that. (Honest to god, they didn't even write to say it's been cancelled)

3rd incident:
Romford Road outside the shops, parked up 3 minutes max, got a ticket. I didn't pay this either as it was later than 11pm, roads are empty and I'm almost certain it was a single yellow. They sent bailiffs to my parents house, banging the door so hard it raised the blood pressure of my mother as she has anxiety and scares easily by such behaviour.

They threatened to come in and start taking valuable to cover £800. My father probably got scared and paid it off. YES THE BAILIFFS FORCED MONEY FROM THE PARENTS OF AN ADULT THAT THEY DID NOT OWE. I was living at a different address.

When I tried to contact them, they said the matter is now closed and you will have to write to the bailiffs. They said some rubbish about it was given with consent meaning they accepted the charges. WHAT THE HELL FOR? MY FAMILY WAS ROBBED in the name of the courts.

4th incident:
While looking for parking near Newham General Hospital, I came out from a one way street and turned left. The sign opposite the road clearly shows that it's a two way road so it was misleading. About 40 yards before the end of this one way road, there was a poorly placed sign saying no left turn. As I turned left, I was charge £60 for this. I tried to appeal but they said the signs are there. If you don't see it, it's not an excuse. Again, I didn't know much so I paid it.

There are a couple more incidents like this which a motorist just cannot avoid due to badly placed cameras and signs.

After a few years of this craziness, I gave up. I gave my car away (to my brother) and haven't drove since. Coming up to 3 years now. I have a motorcycle and only use it when I need to. No need to worry about anything. The Newham Council literally forced me to give up my car coz I lost thousands of pounds in tickets, tows and forcing money from my parents.

I don't have a car and don't plan to. I recently used a car that I needed for important travel. I got back late, parked PERFECTLY WITHIN THE 'BAYS' but guess what? It got towed. Another £265 down the drain. I will post this story once I receive the outcome.

So basically, if you live in Newham, the council ENFORCEMENT will drive you nuts till you either move or give up your car. This is from a tax paying, law abiding, youth charity volunteer and clean record citizen. Even criminals are treated with more dignity.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
Re: How parking "ENFORECEMENT" has affected me
« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2012, 11:28:52 PM »
@ newham-council-r-thieves

Unfortunately my friend your tale is not uncommon. Now you are a member we will do our best to look after you and I am sure we can can guarantee that what happened to your parents will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. That was outrageous and should never been allowed to happen.

Bullying is what they (councils and government) do and they have been getting away with it for far to many years.

We don't do this just for ourselves though. We see the bigger picture. If you can help I am sure your your input can only help. Please do become involved.

We are passionate about what we do and need those who are equally passionate to join us and take action rather than rely on others to do it for them. You can be as involved as you want to be.

Are you in? <_>
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline newham-council-r-thieves

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 07 February, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
100% in. I've always thought (as have others that I know) of ways to take action on a larger scale involving as many victims as possible (which is almost every 2nd motorist in Newham if not all.

Thanks guys, looking forward to the potential that is NoToMob. Definitely want to be involved

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 07 February, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »
100% in. I've always thought (as have others that I know) of ways to take action on a larger scale involving as many victims as possible (which is almost every 2nd motorist in Newham if not all.

Thanks guys, looking forward to the potential that is NoToMob. Definitely want to be involved

Stay cool. 8)

Bald Eagle
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Kill Switch

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2012, 02:06:43 AM »
Disgraceful incidents described above, but now you're here

PAY BACK TIME
« Last Edit: 08 February, 2012, 02:10:23 AM by Kill Switch »
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

Offline againstrobinwales

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: 10 February, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
Thank you for your comments on this forum, Until we met with NO TO Mob I thought it was only us but it seems as  though this is wide spread in Newham and generally in London. Our problem started without any warning in April of 2011. We have been parking on our forecourts for over 20 years and in some case over 40 to 50 years. Completely out of the blue people started receiving PCNs through the post. Not knowing  why we got business owners  together to meet with councillors and the  mayor Robin F***ing  Thief of Newham, No one showed up from the council eventually after lot of emails we managed to get meeting with head of parking in September. This is when we realised we have a fight on our hands. Lawrence Courtney head of parking was so incredibly arrogant he actually said me He didn't think small number of PCNs issued incorrectly was an issue considering Newham issues over 250,000 PCNs” but before all that as he was entering the place of meeting he verbally threatened to fine the keeper of the car that was parked on the forecourt with £1000 fine. Talk about bullying tactics.....

We finally got to meet with the thieving Robin in November at one his surgery and he seem to come from same training school as Lawrence Courtney and did not in slights to offer help but did promise to look into the matter and come back to us after three weeks, Needles to say we are still waiting to hear from him..
I am hoping with the help of No To Mob we will get Justice.
Long standing server of Newham community
Thank you No To Mob.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 10 February, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »
Thank you for your comments on this forum, Until we met with NO TO Mob I thought it was only us but it seems as  though this is wide spread in Newham and generally in London. Our problem started without any warning in April of 2011. We have been parking on our forecourts for over 20 years and in some case over 40 to 50 years. Completely out of the blue people started receiving PCNs through the post. Not knowing  why we got business owners  together to meet with councillors and the  mayor Robin F***ing  Thief of Newham, No one showed up from the council eventually after lot of emails we managed to get meeting with head of parking in September. This is when we realised we have a fight on our hands. Lawrence Courtney head of parking was so incredibly arrogant he actually said me He didn't think small number of PCNs issued incorrectly was an issue considering Newham issues over 250,000 PCNs” but before all that as he was entering the place of meeting he verbally threatened to fine the keeper of the car that was parked on the forecourt with £1000 fine. Talk about bullying tactics.....

We finally got to meet with the thieving Robin in November at one his surgery and he seem to come from same training school as Lawrence Courtney and did not in slights to offer help but did promise to look into the matter and come back to us after three weeks, Needles to say we are still waiting to hear from him..
I am hoping with the help of No To Mob we will get Justice.
Long standing server of Newham community
Thank you No To Mob.

It may take a little time my friend, but hopefully we can beat that arrogance out of them by hurting them where it really matters.

IN THEIR FECKIN' POCKETS. :bashy: :bashy: :bashy:

They can love us or hate us, but one thing is for certain. They would be foolish to ignore us.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Nigel W

« Reply #7 on: 11 February, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
FYI

Unless things have changed:

Lawrence Courtney is Newham's Parking Service Development Manager

The main man is:

Owen Salkeld. He is Newham's Parking Operations Manager. He is responsible for CCTV.
« Last Edit: 11 February, 2012, 09:44:02 AM by Nigel W »