Author Topic: Friday 13th April 2012 ride out (Switched to Bexley Magistrates Court)  (Read 12827 times)

Offline Boyo

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Friday 13th April 2012 ride out (Switched to Bexley Magistrates Court)
« Reply #30 on: 12 April, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »
Hoping to be down for this one too
"To no man will we sell, or deny, or delay right or justice" - from the Magna Carta

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #31 on: 12 April, 2012, 04:44:23 PM »
For anyone who is going I would remind you to please BRING YOUR MASKS. ;D
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline news shopper martin

• Follower
« Reply #32 on: 12 April, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
I dont have one
$CAMERAS HIDE NOTOMOB SEEK what a great game we play we always win

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #33 on: 12 April, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »
Is there anywhere in Bexleyheath to get one?

Where's the glass shop?

Sorry all questions tonight.
« Last Edit: 12 April, 2012, 08:42:35 PM by tommy the trumpet »
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #34 on: 12 April, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
I don't know of any shops that sell them, certainly not in Bexleyheath. As for the glass shop, it's in Hollytree Parade on Sidcup Hill.

:D
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline peperami gsxr

• Follower
  • bexley-notomob@live.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: 13 April, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
Verdict is Guilty.

I would ask for reflection before those that attended the hearing start posting. I have sat very much on the fence, and even Olly has said in a police interview he may have over stepped the mark with what he posted on twitter.

This is not all about free speech as some of us may think, myself included, and there are two sides to every story.

Just imagine how you would feel if you was this situation was aimed at you. And yes, no one was named in Olly's tweet, and no ones address was given, and one has to remember its not all about free speech.

Yes you can still call me a C***, and you can call me a W******, thats fine. But thats  not all that this case was about.

And like many out there i have jumped on the death of free speech band wagon, but there was more to this case. And Olly was not just charged with calling a councilor a C***. Had that charge been before the court, then yes, IMHO free speech would of taken a blow. 

Just a little reflection, and taking a balanced approach now the dust has settled (ish)

Sworn to fun, loyalty to none

Nigel W

« Reply #36 on: 13 April, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »
I have just arrived home from Bexley. I agree wholeheartedly with Pep's post above.

Before attending the court I along with others did not know exactly what Olly was accused of.  Clearly he did overstep the mark as he himself admitted in his police interview.

Freedom of speech is not dead after this verdict. 

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #37 on: 16 April, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
Bonkers' blog today is titled "You have to laugh, don't you."
"A spokesman for Bexley Council said: 'The council is totally supportive of freedom of expression and political debate."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130346/Blogger-used-letter-term-councillor-Twitter-facing-jail-offensive-tweet.html#ixzz1sEHZmUnx

The same council who employ bouncers to keep pensioners in check, ban filming or any other type of recording, discourage public questions and declare all out war on anyone who criticises them. and they wonder why Sir Olly swears a lot.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player