Author Topic: Another PaTAS Appeal v LB of Hounslow  (Read 2617 times)

Nigel W

Another PaTAS Appeal v LB of Hounslow
« on: 22 March, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »
On 6 March I attended PaTAS to conduct an Appeal v the LB of Hounslow.

I conducted my first Appeal v Hounslow in Oct. 2011. The Adjudicator allowed this appeal. This appeal was not allowed on the basis of my Grounds. The Adjudicator went out of her way to allow the appeal for an innocuous reason that she discovered for herself. My application for a review of this decision was denied. PaTAS do not like granting reviews to Appellant's for Appeals that have been allowed. This is despite the regulations that do not prohibit it.

The reasons given by the Adjudicator for having taken this course of action were that: "Justice requires that each appeal is dealt with fairly, effectively (including cost effectively ) and proportionately, proportionality demanding that a case is allocated its appropriate share(and no more than an appropriate share)of the tribunal's resources."

The details of this appeal can be found here:  http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/topic,1471.msg12036.html#msg12036

If PaTAS Adjudicators think that they can avoid Adjudicating on important issues and by so doing save themselves time and money they need to reapraise this idea of false economy.

Because of the result of the above appeal I conducted another appeal v Hounslow on 6 March 2012. These Grounds will not go away simply because PaTAS choose to ignore them. They will continue to be presented to Adjudicators involving the Tribunal in a lot more work in the long run.

On 6 March I conducted another appeal v Hounslow. This appeal was attended by Hounslow's Head of Parking and a representative from Cognetix. It was also observed by Parking Warrior.

The Adjudicator Andrew Harman displayed inappropriate conduct and dubious behaviour during his conduct of this appeal. He then inexplicably refused the appeal.

I have now submitted an application for the review of his decision.

The details of this appeal are attached.

« Last Edit: 22 March, 2012, 11:17:28 AM by Nigel W »

Offline seggsy

• Follower
Re: Another PaTAS Appeal v LB of Hounslow
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
I have just read the attached document. I am amazed that the adjudicator actually thinks he can get away with his behaviour. If that isn't showing bias I don't know what is. I would love to read the adjudicator's reaction to your representations for review. Do they seriously think that we are all going to roll over and accept a travesty of justice. More power to your pen Nigel
Politicians doncha just 'ate em