Author Topic: Oxenden St/Coventry St  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Oxenden St/Coventry St
« on: 12 January, 2011, 01:02:26 AM »
I had this from a cabbie who I sent info on Lwr James St:

I have also started working on similar at Oxenden st/Coventry St. PCN's issued for vehicles using Oxenden, Coventry, Rupert. WCC say that this junction is straight across not right & left & so issuing for not complying with 'proceed right' sign.  WCC have asked west one for the TMO for the 'proceed right' at Oxenden/Coventry and one of their offices has promised to visit in order to review the signage. Luckily when I went up there today I got a photo of a camera car checking vehicles using Rupert St from Oxenden which I sent to the same officer.
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Re: Oxenden St/Coventry St
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »
I am taking the car up to Oxenden St on Sunday and I will be loitering with intent as I really want them to give me a PCN for this move. I don't think even they are Dumb enough to give me a PCN whilst I'm on my Scooter. But in my car they will think I am just Joe Public and just maybe they will drop themselves in it.  :-ev-:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline rs2k

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 12 January, 2011, 07:29:28 PM »
can you up the picture bud ?  :)

Offline Bennage

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 13 January, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »
We were told by a CEO a while ago, that the cars sit there to make use of a WiFi hotspot in that area to upload their videos etc.  Doesn't seem like the most efficient method, speaking from an IT point of view, but you never know.

Have we got any proof of PCNs issued?

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 14 January, 2011, 12:19:21 AM »
The cabbies have an FOI in. I assume some have PCNs...I'll enquire. She also said they don't issue PCN's there. Me think CEO speak with forked-tongue. OTH, she might have meant on that day.

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:26:47 PM »
Westminster Parking Services
Customer Relations
PO Box 396
Warrington
WA55 1EL

Joint Head of Strategic Commissioning,
City Management:

1. The number of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) issued in 2010, by month, for not turning left from Lower James into Brewer St, but instead driving straight across into Sherwood St.

2. The number of PCNs issued in 2010, by month, for travelling from Oxenden St into Rupert St.

In view of your request, I understand you refer to the number of PCNs, issued in the above locations, for the Contravention Code 32 – “Failing to drive in the direction shown by the arrow on a blue sign. According to our database, I can advise as follows:

1. 398 PCNs were issued between 1 January & 31 December 2010. Our database indicates that the monthly breakdown is as follows:

April 2010 – 1 PCN issued.
December 2010 – 397 PCNs issued.

2. 2 PCNs were issued between 1 January & 31 December 2010. Our database indicates that the monthly breakdown is as follows:

July 2010 – 1 PCN.
September 2010 – 1 PCN.

According to our database, PCNs, for the Contravention Code 32, were only issued, in the locations requested, for the months highlighted above.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #6 on: 15 January, 2011, 05:58:14 PM »
Looks like there will shortly be 398 late Christmas presents winging their way back into motorists bank/credit card accounts.

Woooohoooo :dancing:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 18 January, 2011, 11:02:40 AM »
TMO requested

Offline Markcab

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: 18 January, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »
Hello people,just registered to say a massive thanks for all the time and effort you guys are putting in for the benefit of all drivers.
Hopefully we can reciprocate with information via twitter etc and support at drive ins and demos.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #9 on: 18 January, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
Quote from: "Markcab"
Hello people,just registered to say a massive thanks for all the time and effort you guys are putting in for the benefit of all drivers.
Hopefully we can reciprocate with information via twitter etc and support at drive ins and demos.

You don't have to ride a bike to be a $chunter Markcab. All you need is to find a $car, park up safely (which I appreciate is a bit more difficult for you guys), and hang around on a corner to stop motorists from committing offences.

Anyway, welcome aboard my friend, and if you can help in any way whatsoever you will become part of what we hope will become an ever expanding army of motorists who have had enough of being treated like cash cows.
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: 18 January, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
Quote from: "Markcab"

Hi mate. You are most welcome!!!!! Enjoy the ride!!
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Bennage

• Follower
« Reply #11 on: 18 January, 2011, 09:07:02 PM »
Welcome, Markcab.

As BE said, anyone can join in the fun!

BailiffHunter has been attending regularly on the backs of other people's bikes and had a good enough laugh to decide to get his own.

Failing that, even just popping out to warn motorists seems to be enough to make the $car bugger off!   Remember, if the car is 'moved along', it's not making any money!

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #12 on: 24 January, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »
TMO's

1957/190 - Rupert Street

1960/2113 - Oxenden Street

1963/953 - Coventry Street

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player