Author Topic: got a ticket arrrggg :@  (Read 9772 times)

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: got a ticket arrrggg :@
« Reply #15 on: 09 April, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
Ive flipped the last three images and stitched them together or put another way, I have far too much time on my hands.

« Last Edit: 09 April, 2012, 12:00:23 PM by Ewan Hoosami »
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

« Reply #16 on: 09 April, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »
Langy

There must be a sign within 15 meters or 3 car lengths of where you parked.

Having looked at the online images on Westminster's site they do not establish that there was a sign within that proximity.

The CEO took a picture of a signplate but it does not show where this was in relation to where you parked. There is also no indication that this picture was taken in the same bay that you were parked in. You might get an Adjudicator who would view this as being fatal to Westminster's case.

Not knowing where you are supposed to display a residents permit on a motorbike I cannot comment on that aspect!

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #17 on: 09 April, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »

Not knowing where you are supposed to display a residents permit on a motorbike I cannot comment on that aspect!

Many riders use a second tax disc holder like this;

Due to the fact that these can be bolted anywhere on a bike, a CEO cannot say definitively that there was no permit on display, not that they bother looking in the first place.
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Nigel W

« Reply #18 on: 09 April, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
It appears from the online pictures taken by the CEO that he simply moved the cover to expose the VRM and the tax disc holder. If there was a permit on display he would not have seen it.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #19 on: 10 April, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »
Ok Langy, this is something that MAY be an alternative for the future.

Supposing you had secured the bike cover with cable ties in such a way that a CEO could not remove the cover without damaging them, i.e. they have to be cut off?

In law that must surely be classed as criminal damage to personal property. Check it out. ;)
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Martin

• Follower
« Reply #20 on: 10 April, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
WCC now use VIRTUAL Residents' Parking Permits for motorcycles of Residents, so you do not have to display a paper permit on the bike.  The CEOs' handheld devices should show these virtual permits (if they bother to check them).

Offline langy

• Follower
« Reply #21 on: 10 April, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »
Ive flipped the last three images and stitched them together or put another way, I have far too much time on my hands.

could call it that or your just pointing out how lazy i can be :D

well thanks for that so far guys the 15meter point sounds good im actually going to take a tape measure down later :D

and seeing as i dont have a permit would they be able to check if a permit is registered to my motorbike if i was to argue that i did have one? and if i have a pic to back this up could they argue against that?

but if he checked it on his pda then surely he cant do me for not displaying a valid permit... so therfore he has put the wrong charge down for that offence and i could argue i do have one just it is well hiden to prevent theft :D

well i have been thinking that BE maby a cover with little holes in the bottom then a little padlock and if any questions where asked after that i could again say it is to keep it safe so theifs cant see what is under the cover so are less likely to want to take it...

i have probly rattled on a bit there but hopefully you guys can get where im comming from...

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #22 on: 10 April, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »
Ok Langy, this is something that MAY be an alternative for the future.

Supposing you had secured the bike cover with cable ties in such a way that a CEO could not remove the cover without damaging them, i.e. they have to be cut off?

In law that must surely be classed as criminal damage to personal property. Check it out. ;)

There are some covers that can be secured by a padlock if not get a few of the wire type locks fit them together and thread through the holes at the base of the cover.

Then perhaps we could install a camera in your car looking at the bike and get alleged evidence of a ceo trying to steal your bike, what evidence would he have to prove his innocence.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Nigel W

« Reply #23 on: 10 April, 2012, 10:12:32 AM »
Langy

Do not say that you had a permit if you did not!

If you did not have a valid permit for your bike then the offence and code for it is still correct.

Offline billie.skeggs

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #24 on: 10 April, 2012, 10:53:03 AM »
looking as the WCC site thres not much info but i would measure the bay. and the spaces between the lines..

if they do not fall between the required demtions the bay is invalid..

just another avenue to look at

Offline langy

• Follower
« Reply #25 on: 12 April, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »
Ah where are these bay regs? Can I just Google it? I shall get the tale out later :D

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #26 on: 12 April, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »
Check this out and see if it is of any help.      PaTAS  Case No.2120115508
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #27 on: 12 April, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
Ah where are these bay regs? Can I just Google it? I shall get the tale out later :D

Try this;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3113/images/uksi_20023113_en_136

Note, 'Doctor' may be omitted or varied to 'Permit holders only.'

8)

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player