Author Topic: Private Parking Ticket Watchdog Call From MP Nick Smith. - BPA "Not Delivering"  (Read 2981 times)

Nigel W

Parking ticket watchdog call from Blaenau Gwent MP Nick Smith

A MP has called for a new official body to regulate private car parking companies.

The MP said DVLA requests had leapt from 270,000 to more than a million over the last four years.

"I want robust regulation of private car park companies as I feel there's a consensus that motorists aren't getting a fair deal," stated Mr Smith.

"People want peace of mind when they park their car and pay the right fee. They shouldn't need to worry about hefty penalty charges or information about them or their vehicle falling into the wrong hands."

Much of the industry is currently self-regulated by the British Parking Association (BPA), which enforces its own code of conduct on members.

But the Blaenau Gwent MP has argued that the BPA is a trade body, run for and by the car park companies.

"The government puts its faith in the British Parking Association but it's not delivering for the consumer," claimed Mr Smith.

"I want to see an OfPark type regulatory body to put the consumer interest first.

"It should be paid for by the industry and it could oversee an independent appeals service."

The sooner the BPA are removed from any regulatory role in anything the better. They are completely unfit to do anything whatsoever. They ought to be closed down forthwith. The likes of Patrick Troy are not fit for purpose. They simply live off the back of misery caused by their members.

Read More:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17637387

My statement above regarding the BPA is because of the relentless tide of complaints like this:

Sheffield mum battles fine for not parking in ‘marked bay.’

A MUM from South Yorkshire was baffled when she was hit with a ticket for not parking in marked bays - in a car park where there were no spaces marked.

But the site is a patch of rough ground - and Samantha is refusing to pay the £140 fine, which has gone up from £90 since she took her defiant stance.

The mum-of-four said she has been threatened with court action and bailiffs, and felt ‘so angry’ about the row.

Read more:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/sheffield-mum-battles-fine-for-not-parking-in-marked-bay-1-4418489#

The BPA do absolutely nothing to stop this type and all manner of other downright theft by their members. The BPA are only interested in the very large fees that they charge for membership of the AOS. Once these fees are paid by anyone it allows them access to the DVLA database and therefore a pot of cash.
« Last Edit: 08 April, 2012, 02:32:32 PM by Nigel W »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
I found their website;

http://ldkgroup.co.uk/

There's some buttons down the left hand side which are interesting. I clicked the 'appeals' button and found this;

"LDK’s signage exceeds the British Parking Association’s Code of Conduct. The warning signs are clearly displayed with large printed letters in red and blue."

Makes you wonder what the rest of the unprincipled miscreants are like. There's also a button marked 'snow clearance,' I shit you not. This page is blank, surprisingly, although I was half expecting to get Rickroll'd when I clicked it. Another little gem you will find, look along the top headings, under the main banner, hover over 'contact' and click on 'testimonials.'  :rotfl:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
The BPA. An authority without any legal authority. >:(

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline BGB

• Follower
And why does the Information Commissioner's logo appear on their website?

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player