Author Topic: 397 PCN's issued at Lwr James St  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Esinem

• Follower
397 PCN's issued at Lwr James St
« on: 15 January, 2011, 11:43:04 AM »
I had this mailed to me by one of the cabbies. I have one in asking how many cancelled/refunded:

Danny

pls can you send this out to all our Taxi Branch members, thanks

Westminster City Council issued 397 pcns at the junction of Lower James St & Brewer St for not complying with the 'proceed left' sign.

The signage at this junction has now been changed to a 'no right turn' so you can drive straight forward into Sherwood St. without fear of getting a pcn.

If any member is one of the unlucky 397 then please do not pay up, send your details to taxiranks@rmtmail.org.uk and we will return info to help you appeal. One of our members already has this info.

WCC have stated that they have ceased enforcement at this location but if you see a CCTV car in Golden Square or Lower James St then please help us put a stop to this kind of scam by sending the date & time to the same email address.  A photo would be even better.

Thanks

Ranks & Highways Committee
RMT London Taxi Branch
« Last Edit: 01 January, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Wastemonster City Council can      NoToMob are watching you!

Offline Esinem

• Follower
Re: 397 PCN's issued at Lwr James St
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
Westminster Parking Services
Customer Relations
PO Box 396
Warrington
WA55 1EL

Joint Head of Strategic Commissioning,
City Management:

1. The number of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) issued in 2010, by month, for not turning left from Lower James into Brewer St, but instead driving straight across into Sherwood St.

2. The number of PCNs issued in 2010, by month, for travelling from Oxenden St into Rupert St.

In view of your request, I understand you refer to the number of PCNs, issued in the above locations, for the Contravention Code 32 – “Failing to drive in the direction shown by the arrow on a blue sign. According to our database, I can advise as follows:

1. 398 PCNs were issued between 1 January & 31 December 2010. Our database indicates that the monthly breakdown is as follows:

April 2010 – 1 PCN issued.
December 2010 – 397 PCNs issued.

2. 2 PCNs were issued between 1 January & 31 December 2010. Our database indicates that the monthly breakdown is as follows:

July 2010 – 1 PCN.
September 2010 – 1 PCN.

According to our database, PCNs, for the Contravention Code 32, were only issued, in the locations requested, for the months highlighted above.

Offline BailiffHunter

• Follower
    • http://bailiffhunter.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:31:20 PM »
Quote from: "Esinem"
Westminster Parking Services
Customer Relations
PO Box 396
Warrington
WA55 1EL

Joint Head of Strategic Commissioning,
City Management:

1. The number of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) issued in 2010, by month, for not turning left from Lower James into Brewer St, but instead driving straight across into Sherwood St.

2. The number of PCNs issued in 2010, by month, for travelling from Oxenden St into Rupert St.

In view of your request, I understand you refer to the number of PCNs, issued in the above locations, for the Contravention Code 32 – “Failing to drive in the direction shown by the arrow on a blue sign. According to our database, I can advise as follows:

1. 398 PCNs were issued between 1 January & 31 December 2010. Our database indicates that the monthly breakdown is as follows:

April 2010 – 1 PCN issued.
December 2010 – 397 PCNs issued.

2. 2 PCNs were issued between 1 January & 31 December 2010. Our database indicates that the monthly breakdown is as follows:

July 2010 – 1 PCN.
September 2010 – 1 PCN.

According to our database, PCNs, for the Contravention Code 32, were only issued, in the locations requested, for the months highlighted above.

So they are claiming that they only issued 33 PCN`s at this honey pot per month during 2010..........Why do I not believe this at all????? I have witnessed a $cam video over 33 motorists contravene per hour FFS!
« Last Edit: 15 January, 2011, 12:52:54 PM by BailiffHunter »
\"When the facts change, I change my mind\"

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »
It depends when they started camera enforcement there. It might have been Dec. Do we have any evidence? I'm asking the cabbies

Offline spikes

• Follower
« Reply #4 on: 15 January, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
I have asked Mr Rowley if his position and the council remains the same regarding not needing the help of the NoToMob, and if there will be an automatic refund of all PCN money obtained illegally at this junction.

I don't know if it's just a distortion in my mind working so close to some of the investigations but there seems to be just a growing number of people interested in every aspect of WCC's activities.

I would imagine those at the top are becoming a little more than uncomfortable.

Some of the latest FOIs regarding Cllr Davies Cllr Caplan and the little tin pot officers at the top are riveting, reading the What Do They Know site is like reading Private Eye these days:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/westminster_city_council

The enquiries are so broad that it can't be just us now doing the digging can it?

Offline The Bald Eagle

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • THE lowest common denominator
« Reply #5 on: 15 January, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
I make it 43 FoI requests made between 1st January and 15th January 2011 alone.

Oh dear Wastemonster. Seems like you've been drawing unwanted attention to yourselves recently.

Perhaps I should put an FoI request in for the number of paper shredders that have been bought in the last couple of months? :-ev-:
WE ARE WATCHING YOU

Offline Esinem

• Follower
« Reply #6 on: 18 January, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
IMPORTANT!

We need any evidence of enforcement or PCN's issued prior to Dec 1 2010, excluding the one in April, for this offence.  Do we know when the signs were changed?

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #7 on: 18 January, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »
Perhaps the managers of the Pub or Neros could help with the dates as the signs are on the door steps. :idea:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player