Author Topic: TfL robs Camden Council of revenue  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Darcus

• Follower
TfL robs Camden Council of revenue
« on: 10 May, 2012, 06:00:51 AM »
A representative of Camden Council said:

''It's disgraceful! That's our territory and our extortion money they are thieving!''

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/travel/cameras_snare_12_000_drivers_in_100_yard_stretch_of_road_in_swiss_cottage_1_1366542
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

Nigel W

Re: TfL robs Camden Council of revenue
« Reply #1 on: 10 May, 2012, 06:09:55 AM »
Here is the adjudication mentioned in the above article:

"On the evidence before me, I am not satisfied that the restrictions at the location were properly signed on the date in question to reflect the relevant provisions of the Traffic Management Order, and find that a contravention did not occur."

From the article:

Three signs stand parallel to the road while the other five can be seen face-on by drivers. Campaigners say drivers cannot see the parallel signs and are unaware they are in a loading bay when they park.

The Traffic Signs Manual states at 10.7:

"As with the signs referred to in para. 10.5, (Red Route Parking Bays) all parking and loading bay signs should face oncoming traffic, otherwise a driver might be tempted to stop in a bay to read the sign, and in doing so risk the possibility of committing an offence. Where drivers are likely to approach the bay from the opposite side of the road, a sign should also face in that direction. This could be achieved by placing a sign at each end of the bay, facing outwards towards approaching traffic."
« Last Edit: 10 May, 2012, 06:11:35 AM by Nigel W »

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player