Author Topic: Stating the obvious.  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
Stating the obvious.
« on: 12 May, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »

Tewkesbury Borough Council to tackle 'dogging' hotspot

A wooded area close to the A38 in Gloucestershire advertised as an area "to meet and have sex" is being monitored by police and council staff.

I thought that was what Dogging was all about.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-18036802
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Stating the obvious.
« Reply #1 on: 12 May, 2012, 07:11:49 AM »
One of them made a realistic looking sign;

The police were concerned about issues of public decency. The council were concerned there may have been footway parking contraventions. This dog was just concerned;

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
"We will work alongside other local agencies to crack down on this anti-social behaviour

I would have to disagree with this one, this passtime must be one of the most social on the planet.

Where's that layby?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2012, 10:10:27 AM »
Not sure Tommy, but it must surely be classed as a 'relief' road.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Pat Pending

• Global Moderator
  • Follower
« Reply #4 on: 12 May, 2012, 10:35:19 AM »
"One of them made a realistic looking sign;"

Perhaps HH should use this guy to get their signs sorted out.  :idea:  They might get closer to being compliant than they are at present.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up,  totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a  ride!!"

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 12 May, 2012, 11:03:03 AM »
At local authority rates that would be supply half a dozen signs get paid and never have to work again.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58