Author Topic: RINGO Payment System Sends Kingstons Parking Money to Richmond!  (Read 2880 times)

Nigel W

211070571A

"The appellant appeared at the Tribunal together with her partner Mr M Flinn. The appellant is in a wheelchair and had to go to considerable trouble and expense to attend the hearing. Mr Flinn claims that payment was made to park using the RINGO system. He produced a statement which shows that £6.20 was paid to LB Richmond on the 5 th  October 2011. He states the system tells the motorist the location and he cannot understand why the payment was not sent to Kingston Upon Thames and was directed to Richmond, he assumes this must be due to an error on the part of the RINGO system."

Costs Awarded:

"The Appellant contends that the Authority acted wholly unreasonably in resisting an appeal and in failing to contact the RINGO payment system to ascertain why the payment made by the appellant was directed and paid to another Authority.

The main issue in the case related to the payment made using the RINGO system. The Appellant had stated from the outset that payment was made and had produced a statement in support. I find that the Authority acted in a wholly unreasonable manner in simply continuing with the enforcement process without seeking any explanation from the RINGO system as to where the payment was credited, and simply stating "....I regret it is not our responsibility to pursue this matter with RINGO"  as no reasonable Authority would act in such a manner.

I direct that the Authority pay to the appellant  the sum of £120 in respect of her costs."

« Last Edit: 12 May, 2012, 02:10:46 PM by Nigel W »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: RINGO Payment System Sends Kingstons Parking Money to Richmond!
« Reply #1 on: 12 May, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

I direct that the Authority pay to the appellant  the sum of £120 in respect of her costs.

A little more of that will make them think twice about their pig ignorance. Getting them to think once will be a step in the right direction. Great news, that.

:aplude:
Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
Re: RINGO Payment System Sends Kingstons Parking Money to Richmond!
« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »
I bet Richmond are loving it - it'll help repay all the refunds they've had to make due to their illegal activities!!

Supporters of the NoToMob

In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!

Get Adobe Flash player