Author Topic: Mini schunt in gillingham. Scamera car parked up and not enforcing ?  (Read 5976 times)

Offline BAILIFFCHASER

• Follower
I was minding my own business and what did i see ? A scamera car parked up. Funny thing is i do not think it was enforcing.

« Last Edit: 10 March, 2012, 12:20:46 PM by BAILIFFCHASER »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Veni, Vidi, $chunti. I came, I saw, I assisted.
Re: Mini schunt in gillingham. Scamera car parked up and not enforcing ?
« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2012, 10:38:31 AM »
He was probably skiving then which is fine in my book. More skiving, less $camming.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline BAILIFFCHASER

• Follower
« Reply #2 on: 10 March, 2012, 10:56:13 AM »
For some reason my internet died halfway through uploading 2 vids.

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #3 on: 10 March, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »
A good strong thump on the side should do the trick.

Appealing to the council is like playing chess with a pigeon. You might be a chess grand master but the pigeon will always knock all the pieces over, shit on the board and then strut around triumphantly.

Offline Coco

• Administrator
  • Follower
  • Northampton
« Reply #4 on: 10 March, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »
A good strong thump on the side should do the trick.

Yup - nothing to beat a little bit of percussive maintenance   :rotfl:

Offline BAILIFFCHASER

• Follower
« Reply #5 on: 10 March, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
Here is the video

Note first he drives off in a hurry and then comes back for a 2nd try and again  he shoots off. What was he up to ?
« Last Edit: 10 March, 2012, 10:16:20 PM by BAILIFFCHASER »

Offline Ewan Hoosami

• Administrator
  • Follower
« Reply #6 on: 10 March, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
Strange one that BC. I would have to stick with my original gut feeling of skiving as I can't see that location yielding many victims.

Offline Monkey Girl

• Follower
« Reply #7 on: 10 March, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »
AND THEY ARE IN A DISABLED BAY? :bashy: :bashy:   I HAVE AN EMAIL FROM MEDWAY COUNCIL STATING THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK UP, THEY HAVE TO ENFORCE,...... THEN THEY MOVE ONTO THERE NEXT HONEY TRAP.

ALSO THEY HAVE NEVER STOPPED THERE WHEN WE ARE ASSISTING THEM,,THEY ARE ALWAYS ON THE GO, WHICH JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT THEY DO NOT CORRECTLY FOLLOWING THEIR OWN CCCTV CODE Of CONDUCT

THE GOOD NEWS IS ...OUR CAMPAIGN GROUP... ARE HIGHLIGHTING THIS  INFORMATION TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC  ;D

« Last Edit: 11 March, 2012, 04:55:08 PM by Monkey Girl »

Offline tommy the trumpet

• Follower
« Reply #8 on: 11 March, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
I have seen them stopped back around the corner a few times, once double parked, I think they use the loading bays to the high steet as a honeypot.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.    
Ciao Marco #58

Offline DastardlyDick

• Follower
« Reply #9 on: 11 March, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »
Yes, that Parking Box is interesting.
As far as I can tell from the video, it appears to be both a disabled box because "Disabled" is written on the road (but no timeplate/sign saying "Disabled") and at the same time a Business users box because there's a time plate on the wall clearly stating "Business Permit holders only 8am - 6pm Monday to Saturday". I realise that it is perfectly conceivable that someone could be both disabled and a business permit holder, but I doubt that would have occurred to Medway - or indeed any other - Council.
I think, based solely on what I can see in the video, that it's supposed to be disabled for half the box (the half where "disabled" is written on the road) and half a business users box (the half where the time plate is on the wall) but there's no line dividing the two as there should be, so neither contravention is actually enforceable because the 'signs and lines' don't match and/or are incorrect. If this is correct, the $car may be parked in accordance with the Council's exemption certificate (or whatever it's called) because it's in the business users half of the box.
This would be the situation in London, but of course it may be different in Kent!

Offline BAILIFFCHASER

• Follower
« Reply #10 on: 11 March, 2012, 06:17:57 PM »
Will see if another one can be filmed. I think the driver has dosed off. Hence why he was doing what he did.